British conservative DESTROYS Ben Shapiro

Got a link?

He seems very quick to pick out antisemitism from the left, while seemingly unaware or uncaring from the right except with egregious examples. Flipping through channels on the way home I some times listen to him for 5 min or so, but he’s very trying.

5 Likes

It was on the original post, just a little bit below embedded in the tweet link … thing. Second tweet has it.

3 Likes

He likes to use “Scientifically” to prefix high-speed bollox, like following it with the “life begins at conception” catch-phrase. No, life began billions of years ago.

9 Likes

What a vapid, gish-galloping idiot. He was obviously completely unprepared for the UK style of political interviewing which has been finely tuned on years of politicians trying not to answer questions.

And the only way in which Andrew Neil has ever been described as “on the left” would be to say that in this photo, Andrew Neil is on the left:

29 Likes

Ask conservatives if child support should be collected from the man who impregnated the woman retroactive to the moment of conception, and you’ll get a very different answer of when life begins.

27 Likes

I recall a few years ago, Anne Coulter being interviewed by Jeremy Paxman, and Paxo just losing interest halfway through because her arguments were so vapid.

13 Likes

Indeed. I know one of these types IRL.

Somehow managed to get an MBA without an undergrad degree (because he flunked out). Makes a ton of money in tech without being at all technical. Always thinks he is the smartest guy in the room.

Born rich. Insists he was never handed anything.

13 Likes

In fairness, that could be said of absolutely any interview she has ever done.

7 Likes

This is thankfully the first time I’ve ever heard of Shapiro. There’s something…uh…about his voice. It’s almost like he learned to speak by mimicking Eddie Murphy’s white guy impression.

9 Likes

Such a whiny, nasal voice.

3 Likes

Ahhh. . . now that’s witty. Well done.

I do seem to see these “Ben Shapiro DESTROYS (fill in the blank)” videos popping up in the youtube sidebar pretty often. I never click on them. I suppose if I were going to be interviewing him I might, just to get a good look at his tactics. But this 16 minutes has been a good enough, thank you.

9 Likes

Worst non-concession concession…

9 Likes

Cool that he took the time to demonstrate that he considers ‘civility in political discourse’ should only apply to other people.

8 Likes

I think it’s mighty telling that his tantrum begins after being asked about the draconian and barbaric Georgia abortion law. And despite my disgust for the interviewer’s politics, I’m pretty impressed he asked the question in that way.

8 Likes

Yes. Shapiro says “there’s this thing called ‘science’” but he forgets (or simply doesn’t know) that if life begins at conception then god is the biggest abortionist of all, because (and any obstetrician or gynecologist will verify this) at least a third of all fertilized ova get flushed out naturally and never develop into fetuses.

You can’t cite Judeo-Christian values and science in the same sentence and expect to be logically consistent. According to scripture alone Jews and Christians don’t have the same values-- “eye for an eye” vs “turn the other cheek” is the most obvious.

14 Likes

He identifies as orthodox? For real? This is the first I’ve heard of this and… I’m confused.

I believe that Rob is being meta - using it knowingly, poking the clickbait trope, while using it at the same time. It’s very Rob.

14 Likes

Yes. One of his original marketing hooks as a baby pundit was that he was waiting to have sex supposedly because of his deep religious convictions (earning him the nickname “Virgin Ben”). He’s the kind of Modern Orthodox Jew who pushes the ultra-nationalist version of Zionism you see coming from West Bank settlers.

He has a special hatred of people with Jewish heritage who live secular lives or have liberal politics, and never cared all that much when his right-wing or Xtiantist “friends” appearing on Fox or Breitbart attacked them with anti-Semitic slurs. It was only when they turned on their dweeby little kapo for defying them by questioning Il Douche that this “genius” suddenly noticed that (gasp!) right-wing populists are Jew-haters.

If he hadn’t found out later on that Neil was a conservative we wouldn’t have even that.

Ben only DESTROYS his opponents when they’re college kids or are debating on the terms and territory where he feels safe (e.g. American cable news panels where the hosts don’t ask follow-up questions).

16 Likes

for example look at the transcript of the conversation sean illing of “vox” had with shapiro–a collection of kid-gloved fat pitches for the most part that barely even caused him to think hard–

8 Likes

Some of us are so sharp, we could just cut ourselves.

4 Likes