British conservative DESTROYS Ben Shapiro

Eh - I look at him and think that little voice inside his head keeps saying “someday I’ll be a real boy.”

8 Likes

Listen, mate, nobody has made you unable to discuss the basic humanity of trans people. Shit, in the UK it is quite fashionable to oppose the basic rights and existence of trans folk (as is in much of the US). But I’m getting a little bit ahead of myself…

With regards to your earlier notpost, I want to point out something:

On pretty much everything, Beterson and Bapiro consider themselves ideologically aligned. Bapiro, like Beterson, is a reactionary regressive.

Both Shen and Bordan attack trans folk, hate youth, attack progressives, oppose basic common sense policies like single payer health care, and believe that there is a vast international conspiracy to undermine white people by… “postmodern neomarxists”.

Bordan and Shen blame “postmodern neomarxists” for rising white supremacist violence. Shen Bapiro, like Beterson, hates gay people and wants them to stop existing.

It is no coincidence, then, that Shen is a gateway to white supremacist rhetoric. Hell, he was even cited in TWO recent manifestos by mass shooters targeting Muslim folk.

Shen Bapiro and Bordan Jeterson are two poos in a pod.|

EDIT:
Quora user Nquyen Quoc Huy has a wonderfully formatted explainer of the many many homophobic statements and actions that one Ben Shapiro has made and continues to make:

12 Likes

OK, can you point to an example of Ben Shapiro protesting against government recognition of straight marriage or raising a stink when a cisgender person uses a public restroom or fills out a form stating their gender?

15 Likes

But what if I think that believing being gay is a mental illness is itself a mental illness?

It doesn’t comport with the SCIENCE- so denying reality doesn’t indicate a stable relationship with reality.

17 Likes

Why debate someone who earnestly believes in a thoroughly discredited point of view and lend his position the credibility of your taking it seriously? You might as well debate an earnest Nazi or Flat Earther for all the good it will do.

17 Likes

I thoroughly enjoyed Shapiro’s interview with Andrew Yang. It was smart, civil, and thought-provoking. Both made good points and were able to back up their views with statistics and facts. They frequently disagreed but there were multiple times when they arrived at a civil consensus.

I wish that the BBC interviewer (who was awful) had asked Shapiro which candidate he would like to see get the democratic nomination based on shared values and/or policy positions, versus which one he thinks stands the best chance of beating Trump. I suspect he would have said Yang.

I would also be curious to hear Shapiro’s take on Bill Weld running against Trump as a Republican. Lots of interesting topics to discuss and he completely wasted the interview…I don’t blame Shapiro for getting frustrated and walking off. Ah well, so it goes!

#Yang2020

Can I interest you in investing in my new phlogiston based company?

14 Likes

To be clear, am I a time traveler in this scenario or am I debating someone who has been in a coma since 1973?

17 Likes

To back up your position regarding marriage, the equal rights to marriage was about the legal difference in which the law treated people rather than the religious connotations of marriage.

A big example of this difference was with the rights of next of kin when a partner dies back before gay marriage was legalised.

Back then, a straight couple had in law their right to administer the estate of their deceased partner.
A gay couple did not have this right and they actually defaulted over to the closest family member.

I’m reminded of a video old-time podcast persona Richard Bluestein (Madge Weinstein) did a couple of years after his partner died where Richard showed the death certificate and simply repeated what it classified his relationship to the deceased as: friend.

Imagine how you would feel if the law ruled that your loving, intemate partnership was nothing more than a friendship, never mind that you would lose all rights to the estate you built together?

Here’s the video, which is still powerful even today. This is what gay marriage rights were about, not some vague idea that it was an attack on the institute or that it somehow invalidated straight marriage. It was about recognising in the eyes of the law that two people loved each other and wished to share their lives with each other.

17 Likes

Bennies opinion on who should get the Democratic nomination is as interesting as Jerry Fallwell’s opinion on who’s the best lesbian.

19 Likes

And then CPAC calling Richard Spencer a lefty fascist.

Oh wait, that basically happened.

MILO was okay until that recording surfaced, and considering the people that do attend…

“For years it’s been a revolving door of who is bubbling to the top of the conservative movement,” BlazeTV host Eric Bolling told The Daily Beast.

“A couple years ago, Ben Shapiro was that guy. It feels it’s moved to TPUSA,” he observed.

7 Likes

I haven’t seen one argument from Ben Shapiro and his facebook memes that hasn’t used a logical fallacy. Every argument he makes is a strawman or a false dichotomy.

13 Likes

Ben Shapiro hangs out with Jordan Peterson.
Ben Shapiro makes videos with Dennis Prager.
Ben Shapiro retweets TPUSA’s Charlie Kirk.

Ben Shapiro is 100% the same sort of dickhead that others in the Internet Dork Web are. Unlike, say, Faith Goldy, he doesn’t always say the quiet part out loud because it tends to turn off CeNtRiST mODeRaTeS when you do.

EDIT2:
lmao, Candace “The Only Thing Hitler Did Wrong Was Invading” Owens got quietly booted from the Sacklers’ white supremacist front group.

9 Likes

I know, that’s why it’s so bizarre that they’d kick out Richard Spencer. I guess he doesn’t use enough satire.

eta: It’s like they’re playing Musical Fascists, and the one caught standing when the music stops is out of the game.

4 Likes

As a trans person- I would say that opining on whether we should be permitted to exist is somewhat problematic. And that a Jewish guy might have some appreciation for my position.

25 Likes

That is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. But had the interviewer asked that question, I suspect a much more interesting conversation would have ensued. Instead, the interviewer kept going after him in such a petty and insincere way, when Shapiro clearly wanted to discuss actual topics. It was a wasted moment, for both of them.

1 Like

Fish, the interviewer is an old man who didn’t even treat Shapiro with one tenth of the complete contempt Shapiro treats his targets with.

Though, I am now quote curious: what topics do you think Shapiro was eager to preac- sorry - “discuss”?

12 Likes

Believe it or not “draconian abortion laws that could send women to prison for murder for exercising reproductive control over their own bodies” is a non-trivial subject for many people.

Shapiro was trying to dodge an actual topic because he was unable to defend his position on that topic.

22 Likes

Of course I would find whether you should be permitted to exist somewhat more edifying.

15 Likes

Don’t let these fuckers call themselves pro-life or say they care about the survival of the fetus. It is solely about punishing those who can get pregnant.

Hammering on the point that these laws will kill helps to expose the hypocrisy for what it is.

23 Likes