Racist professor fired

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/03/racist-professor-fired.html

13 Likes

Everyone seems to be forgetting the quotation marks.

17 Likes

Allow me to introduce David Irving!

16 Likes

Is Darren Grimes anything more than another privilege-blind freeze peacher, the kind who’s most concerned about the rights of the poor, beleagured white male? He looks like he’s aspiring to be the UK’s version of Ben Shapiro.

22 Likes

No. Thanks anyway.

17 Likes

I don’t see how he could have missed that, given everyone else did not. It stood out like an optic orange and yellow safety vest at a black tie event.

13 Likes

The Salad Fingers of Milo Yiannopouloses

15 Likes

Lemme get this straight. His podcast is called “reasoned”, yet he relies on gut instinct to know that BLM is a Marxist front*, that sex determines gender and that a month of pride activities is overkill? When something “rings true”, that just means it confirms previously held notions of how the world should be structured.

You know who gets hung up on whether Pride lasts a day or a month? Homophobes. (I am interested to hear how Pride Month infringes his rights). Do you know who tried to discredit the '60s civil rights movement by associating them with different bogeymen? Racists. Who has a hard time calling people “they”? Transphobes.

*Even if it was, could you blame them?

16 Likes

What a PhDbag

10 Likes

So a dipshit as well as a racist. It was the CULTURE that the slavers were trying to wipe off the face of the planet, not the bodies they needed to provide all that free labor. How many African Americans ever got to learn their ancestral family names, languages, traditions, or even nations of origin? Almost none, because all that was intentionally stripped of them, stolen from them, beaten out of them.

28 Likes

13 Likes

Both Darren Grimes and David Starkey are gay, but they are of the kind of gay men who are trying to pull up the ladder even before other gay men have climbed up it, in case anyone else climbs up too.

17 Likes

The most disappointing thing about this whole affair is that Neil Oliver has publicly supported him. I used to like Neil Oliver.

1 Like

When even your fellow racists step back and say “…dude! Not without wearing your hood!”

9 Likes

I like Sajid Javid’s comment that “We are the most successful multi-racial democracy in the world…,” which is then followed by many Tweets pointing out how that might not be accurate, along with other Tweets talking about how there should be less immigration to the U.K. I mean, the U.S. sure as hell isn’t the most successful multi-racial democracy, either, but it’s kind of rich for the U.K. to try to claim the title.

12 Likes

Reasoned, was launched in defense of free speech, a term he uses frequently to describe his aims, with Grimes announcing that “I want you to join us in thinking for yourself and not following the online mob.”

Free speech protects the online mob. If you are upset that the online mob tells you to shut up, you are against free speech.

4 Likes

Ahh yes, right wing scum caught, again, trying to equate “free speech” with “honest speech”.

If they were honest, they’d freely own their racist, misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ hatred and loathing of non-christians. But no, they’d rather be free to [try] to lie. They are transparent.

11 Likes

even if you assume that his area of interest (Tudors) predates the English interest in slavery–it seems that he’s been using his influence malignly.

Here’s his former colleague from The Mary Rose.

10 Likes

clapping-quark

11 Likes

She already did get an introduction, thanks. Did not go well for Irving…

3 Likes