British lawmaker comes out as pansexual

Quoting to highlight:

Well said.

16 Likes

LACE ALL THE THINGS!!

And keep Granny, she’s a bit dusty but she’ll last a few years yet.

18 Likes

How about we get to the point in our society where people who aren’t straight and cisgendered are treated equally? I suspect that most gay people aren’t huge fans of splashing their orientation about, but there is this unfortunate problem of people who aren’t straight being denied basic rights, so people in the public eye often come out in order to illustrate that they are, you know, people. Because there are still plenty of our fellow human beings who are just fine with stoning gay people and murdering trans people because they feel uncomfortable around them. Until then, I’m perfectly fine with high profile LBGQT+ people being public and raising awareness.

23 Likes

capt-jack-grin

12 Likes

It doesn’t really belong on a public dinner and movie date either.

2 Likes

Yeah, back in the good old days, anyone who didnt fit in the standard version of “normal” knew better than to rock the boat. You’d think anyone with any sense would know better than to cause a fuss, and stay in the closet where they belong.

Its never been the same since women were given the vote. Nothing but chaos ever since!

/s

6 Likes

I like seeing a public servant go for 2% more private risk as a New Years’ nudge, realizing they can fall in love with meat Popsicles then happening upon a woman; but not having a place to swap in Suleimani seems like a missed take. Gotta hit that percentage. 4912311072_b197207bcb_z There will be pomegranate juice.

8 Likes

I shall remember that when I next make Thanksgiving dinner…

6 Likes

I seriously want that couch. Damn. If I had one I’d be sure to swoon several times a day. It would be difficult to de-swoon in fact.

Could we get it in the BoingBoing Store at 95% off if we called it a “coding couch?”

13 Likes

With Lifetime warranty on the upholstery.

6 Likes

Would it still be okay to say they make a cute couple?

5 Likes

Now that reminds me of a short story where the protagonist consumes a lace doily at tea, not knowing it wasn’t part of the teacakes/cream. For the life of me, I can’t remember the title or author.

6 Likes

Hold your horses there. These things are not equivalent. A person coming out on their sexuality is not a mental disorder. A parent sharing their child’s struggles with mental illness can help build better support among family and friends. And finally, the only thing you listed that should still be stigmatized, sharing of infidelity.

For me 30 years ago, it was considered normal among my peers to physically harm someone if they were “homo”. We’ve made progress, but the stigma is not gone in practice. And the wrongs we witnessed (or perpetrated) on innocent people is still present in our memories.

I’d can’t wait for the day to be here where sharing your sexual orientation is completely uninteresting and noncontroversial. That can’t happen until the very real discrimination and prejudice is solved first.

9 Likes

Should I send for the spirits of hartshorn?

4 Likes

A pan sexual???

Why, that’s . . . OK.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Journalists were sniffing around looking for dirt. She’s been forced to come out this way in order to control the narrative.

15 Likes

I hear it ties the entire boudoir together.

There’s a book of Edwardian Patents somewhere around here that includes one for “Bronzing Babies”; not “Babies’ Shoes”, actually babies. I was shocked, saddened, disquieted and repelled.

2 Likes

There’s another couch for the more adventurous victorian.

4 Likes

After watching that little video on “Bertie’s chair”, I was convinced I was going to see …

2 Likes