Browser extension to fix the NYT's squeamishness about calling Trump a liar

That man is the term Churchill used for Hitler, seems good.

3 Likes

2 Likes

No need for a browser extension in this case:

5 Likes

…which is related to why I’ve been repeatedly arguing with folks over the last year about the nature of propaganda. If people think that propaganda is just crude and obvious foreign things, they’re sitting ducks for the subtle and sophisticated domestic stuff.

The NYT just got caught out again, BTW. Yet another “reasonable Republican” story, promoting the normalisation of fascism, that failed to disclose that the subject was a professional GOP operative.

See this thread.

1 Like

It’s been addressed by an article about Trump referenced by BoingBoing last year. I can’t retrieve it right now, but it boiled down to calling him a bullshitter.

ETA: found it! Actually it was in 2016.

2 Likes

I think a large portion of Trumps power comes from the fact that no one ever directly confronts him personally when he utters bullshit.

And by directly I mean in person to his face in front of other people.

Part of the reason he had to fight as much as he did against his own craziness in getting elected at least with the general populace was that people before he was president could actually expect him to explain himself when they challenged him and his bullshit.

Now that he’s president people basically act like there’s nothing that can be done so they let a lot of shit slide because I don’t know why.

I’m tired of my side on the left playing the High game, not swearing and not calling this fucking jack off out and using the word lie specifically when he lies which is frequently if not every other word. I think he gets away with a lot of what he does because people don’t see the point in directly challenging him on camera anymore to his face. Once you realize this is why there is a press secretary, it’s to put a shield between him and direct questions- a lot of his craziness can rain unchecked because nobody is broadcasting it to the country in the world by confronting him over it anymore.

If the media is being called the enemy of the people more than once now and fake news the term is being used constantly as an ad hominem attack I say give up some bastions of decency because they are gone already. I’m not saying make it devolve into a shitshow, but grow the kind of spine the GOP people have against any criticism and start growing your own and throwing right back at them actively in their face.

If people would confront the bullshit directly and stop legitimizing it by saying falsely claimed or skirting around the issue and just called things that are actually fact checkable and wrong Lies when that is appropriate to apply, and use the truth sandwich technique in addition to this, it would deflate a lot of the bullshit and make the man look like what he really is which is an incompetent lying buffoon that is making my country look like the laughing stock of the world.

Enough with being nice.

Ive had it with that approach and to some degree political correctness. Starting to speak frankly but truthfully will appeal to some of the people who voted for him and win over some.

Tear this bastard down already with his own words and shove them back in his face. Actively. At the very least do it so that there is a historical record of calling out a sitting American president for bullshit when said so that future Generations never let someone lie like this through their teeth and get away with it again

3 Likes

Give it time; I’m sure that the War on Terror will beat that record :wink:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.