The Normalizing News of the Times

Originally published at: The Normalizing News of the Times | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Except for the last couple panels I’m still unsure if some panels used actual headlines.

17 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

18 Likes

Interesting exercise in removing the war terms that the press uses on a daily basis to gin up fear for clicks.

9 Likes

And to think it all started when the newspaper wore out its thesaurus in an effort to call a lie anything but a lie.

22 Likes

I have never heard the word “falsehood” spoken aloud, only seen it in (news)print.

10 Likes

Untruths, false assertions, inaccurate claims, etc. It took the cowards at the NYT until just before the 2016 general election to characterise statements made by America’s foremost public grifter as lies.

18 Likes

Fuck.

2 Likes

This is why I had to stop feeding NPR.

3 Likes

While we’re talking about normalizing…

(Yeah, I’ll die mad about this)

9 Likes

And also climate change, income inequality, the ongoing pandemic, medical bankruptcies, hyperincarceration, plummeting life expectancy: present-tense catastrophes worthy of daily banner headlines, normalized into near-invisibility within the slurry of inoffensively formulaic corporate infotainment we are pleased to call “The News.”

7 Likes

I mean, Donald Trump held his first real rally of this presidential run at Waco, on the anniversary, with video of J6 insurrectionists on video as he held his hand to his heart and the national anthem played. He’s not just avoiding his role in the insurrection attempt, he’s running on it. And everyone in his party and the media just shrugs… if they acknowledge it at all.

15 Likes

I’m worried it might be a case of give him enough rope, and he’ll hang everyone.

5 Likes

That’s just it – you gotta give him the rope, cause he sure as hell won’t pay for it himself.

6 Likes

2 Likes

Pretty sure that’s his campaign slogan this time around…

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.