CNN's new boss tells staff not to say "Big Lie" when referring to Trump's Big Lie

Originally published at: CNN's new boss tells staff not to say "Big Lie" when referring to Trump's Big Lie | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Große Lüge perhaps?

21 Likes

As always, reality has a liberal bias

47 Likes

That works. Let’s hope they go with that.
Or they could Americanize it and call it the grossest loogie.? But that kind of diminishes the enormity of what’s happening. I like yours.

13 Likes

Yeah, but did he say it using his James Earl Jones impersonation?

4 Likes

CNN’s new president Chris Licht

The dead hand of management.

20 Likes

i’d be like, “ok, fine. ‘insurrectionist propaganda’ it is, then.”

31 Likes

I can get behind this. it’s not like they are calling it Big Truth. They just want to stay away from the buzz phrase.

5 Likes

I agree. Big lie isn’t an accurate description. How about we call it “Attempted Coup” from now on?

48 Likes

Yep. We know some networks merely read the propaganda given to them at times. The more news organizations actually show some research and consideration of the facts, the more confidence I will have in them. They need to stand apart from the canned talking points.

6 Likes

this!
this is what they should go with.

2 Likes

Officially acceptable alternatives to “Big Lie” according to sources close to the story include:

• “doubleplus ungood untruth”
  • “different other banana
  • “bigly fib
  • swindle
  • hornswoggle
  • bamboozle

/s

16 Likes

“Malarkey”?
idunno. Big Lie still works for me.
big assholes. bigger lies.

12 Likes

It’s not like the Democrats invented the term “Big Lie”. It’s a propaganda technique, and an accurate label. Kind of important to use the right label, I think, given the historical context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_lie

19 Likes

I imagine that there will be some keen eyes watching out to ensure that CNN doesn’t use any Republican phrasing or framing for other things either. Won’t there? [Insert Anakin/Padme gif here]

23 Likes

What She Said GIF by The Free Mama
It is important to call the thing that Nazis do by it’s correct name. It reminds everyone who the Nazis are

17 Likes

Real Housewives Sigh GIF

HOw did that guy work with Colbert for all those years?

yeah yeah we know seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

13 Likes

I don’t normally do this, but dude it was the first post:

You think I know how to make umlauts on my own?

12 Likes

How about Huge Fucking Lie, is that better?

7 Likes

I’m sticking with “Grand Treason” for now.

14 Likes