Trump threatens lawsuit that'd produce some amazing discovery

Originally published at: Trump threatens lawsuit that'd produce some amazing discovery | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I’d like to see CNN’s letter in answer: dozen lines of contact info, Attention line, obligatory polite address of intended recipient, two words (“BRING IT”), sincerely yadda yadda, cc: all and sundry.

28 Likes

The response needs to go straight at his insecurities, it should somehow insinuate that he is stupid, weak, unloved, and deeply in debt.

26 Likes

And a loser.

21 Likes

With tiny hands.

17 Likes

I imagine the CNN legal department is feeling like this dog…

27 Likes

“Lordy!”

2 Likes

Go ahead, testify in court Trump. It would be fun to see what happens every time when he gets caught lying under oath.

13 Likes

33 Likes

Didn’t “The Big Lie” originate as a term Trump himself used to describe Biden’s “fake” election (it being “the big lie” the ‘fake media’ was selling to the public)? As I recall, it didn’t catch on with his base before the honest news started using it to describe Trump’s claims of “victory”.

3 Likes

It’s older than that.

ETA: Note that Hitler coined the term and made ample use of the technique. But his first description of the technique was blaming other people (specifically, Jewish people) for using it. So TFG’s use of “big lie” to distract from his own Big Lie is very much on-brand.

The big lie (German: große Lüge ) is a gross distortion or misrepresentation of the truth, used especially as a propaganda technique.[1][2] The German expression was coined by Adolf Hitler, when he dictated his book Mein Kampf (1925), to describe the use of a lie so colossal that no one would believe that someone “could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.”

24 Likes

The Bigly Lie.

22 Likes

Desperation. This is a lame and belated attempt to establish a defence in his criminal trial.

5 Likes

Turning SLAPP laws into “Why are you hitting yourself?”

9 Likes

I really appreciate that dig into history - I did not know that nugget.

But I still would like to know for certain who first launched the term this time around. Given Trump’s well known interest in Hitler, it makes me even more certain I’m remembering the sequence correctly.

1 Like

He seems to have at the crux of this that CNN can’t know what he really thinks. So he’s going to have to prove in court, “yes, I am that stupid”.

5 Likes

Yeah, it isn’t going to happen. Just like when he threatened to sue the New York Times. The wheels fell off of that wagon real quickly.

8 Likes

I don’t think the lawsuit threat is intended to be followed through.

I think that this is a PR stunt to his “marks” (his “campaign contributors”) sending money to his (slush) fundraising efforts to keep himself afloat.

Other than a full discovery, I think the worst outcome is for his lawsuit to be foreclosed on a summary judgement.

11 Likes

It sounded like they aren’t suing on the truth/falseness of Trump’s lies themselves but on whether “Trump believes” in those lies (uh, and that should be sufficient).

OANN, of course, gave full coverage to this nothingburger (to use the Trumpian-term).

I am so sick of this time-line.

4 Likes

I know that headline photo has been used before but today is the first
time I spotted the rather disturbing chindick.