Buddhadharma

Can any processes of the mind behave as a quality independent of the constraints of the physical, aggregate systems with which they emerge?

I always kinda thought it implied pattern non-locality on a complex level, as I can’t really get my head around ‘mind-stuff’ other than in the abstract.

2 Likes

Maka Hannya Haramita ShinGyo will always hold a special place in my heart, it is my favorite chant, and (long story) it is because of the Heart Sutra that I met my ex. So really I have the Heart Sutra to thank for my two beautiful daughters. :slight_smile:

Also, kinda a side note, but I put more significance on when I took my Bodhisattva Vows.

3 Likes

There is that. I’ve actually received a lot of precepts. I was formally ordained at one point but it is in one of the irregular schisms off of the Kwan Um School of Zen so I don’t expect other folks to recognize it. :slight_smile: Needless to say, you receive a lot of precepts when you do that. I can’t do slash and burn agriculture, for example, because it would kill small animals.

3 Likes

Ven. Heng Sure is in Berkeley now. He’s a very interesting guy.

The Son Teacher I studied with received his transmission from Myo Bong who I think teaches in Houston now. He also received a transmission from Yasutani-roshi, who taught Philip Kapleau, the Three Pillars of Zen guy.

I’ve heard his music…

Yeah, I know who Kapleau is. One of my best friends lives in Cleveland in a Zen temple and practices with his organization.

I’ve heard the name “Myo Bong” before but I don’t know where.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 45 days. New replies are no longer allowed.