Calendula is a horror game that will stop you from playing it

[Read the post]

What, so it’s like Bethesda games on the first day of release on purpose? Good lord.

10 Likes

This seems like a misstep in game design…

2 Likes

Seriously there’s a mind so sick as to want to gamify tech support?

3 Likes

We can hope it resolves move like The Last Starfighter than Ender’s Game.

3 Likes

“You have been recruited by the Tech Support League to defend against ID10T and the PEBCAK armada…”

8 Likes

So all coding errors can be trivially recast as intended. Brings new meaning to “it’s not a bug; it’s a feature!”.

6 Likes

First a game that doesn’t want to be written about, now one that doesn’t want to be played.

Let me be a trailblazer here and proudly announce Null, the (meta, conceptual, genius) game that doesn’t want to exist. And indeed, it doesn’t.

Indie game awards, here I come.

11 Likes

This looks like a really cool concept. There’s enough malicious technology out there, it’s nice to see some that’s malicious to an entertaining end.

1 Like

I feel like I might have the same problem with this game that I did with “Papers, Please.” As an immigration law paralegal, I don’t need a game so similar to what I do in real life.

Then again, the 2nd part of the trailer looks hella cool.

@telecinese, I’m currently on level 23 of Null, and it’s brilliant, but how do you escape the Void??? Driving me nuts.

4 Likes

But it does have a title, duh! I don’t even an idea for a game, let alone a title.

1 Like

My own game VoiD (note the cool upper/lower case mix) will be a me-too copycat product but much more profitable, similar to Threes! and 2048.

5 Likes

This does sound like 90% of console ports.

1 Like

The game for people who didn’t have enough fun taking their CCIE cert, where they misconfigure or break one piece of equipment in a lab and you need to find and fix it?

1 Like

Thank you. As in life, the void is inescapable. Best of luck.

Whoa there! Too far. Even I am not that edgy. Best of luck.

Sellout. I’m in it for the art. My lawyers will be in touch. Best of luck.

5 Likes

It’s one thing when it’s the IGF awards and winning might get funding to make something releasable. But I’m SO over “reviews” of a game that can’t be purchased and played by us plebes.

1 Like

Wait, am I crazy, or is it also an active ingredient in my baby’s diaper balm…coincidence?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.