Can you open this online puzzle box

Originally published at: Can you open this online puzzle box | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Sudoko: my old nemesis. I should really learn how to do that one day.

1 Like

Hellraiser Pinhead GIF by Dead by Daylight

7 Likes

I cheated on the lights out and sudoku portions. The “puzzle box” part of it is pretty oversold, not a lot of lateral thinking involved. Still, it kept me entertained during my lunch.

1 Like

no i can’t

2 Likes

@frauenfelder That was fun. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yes, I can. Eventually. So that’s where I left my Estradiol?

3 Likes

Damn you, Mark, you’re gonna send me down the nonogram rabbit hole again! I won’t get anything done for weeks! Aaaagh!

3 Likes

Puzzle box is mostly just a series of Sudoku and Nonogram puzzles, so it requires you have knowledge on how to solve those. I don’t have time to learn how the rules of those games, so I used a solver to skip them, unfortunately they were the whole meat of the puzzle box, so nothing to challenge the noodle if you already know the rules of those games.

2 Likes

The puzzle box is visually cool, and I’d hoped that maybe the puzzles would be interwoven or have some non-obvious twists. They didn’t, but it was still entertaining enough that I played it all the way through. So… thanks!

1 Like

Got it! I had to use one hint – the first one – and look up what a nonogram is, but now I know something new. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve solved it using the brute force approach.

3 Likes

“Solved”

Austin Powers Movie GIF

6 Likes

it’s not solvency

What would Alexander the Great do?TM

3 Likes

Ha, good one :grin:

2 Likes

No hints needed, didn’t even have to solve all of the sudokus. A fun little puzzle box, it’s cool that it’s made with CSS. To those used to solving escape rooms, this is more of an amuse-bouche than an entree.

2 Likes

Do you want to be murdered by sex demons?!

BECAUSE THAT’S HOW YOU GET MURDERED BY SEX DEMONS!

Well, I’d want to negotiate a bit first, like any other play situation, but if I’m going to die anyway …?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.