Canada's next bank notes will feature portraits of women

When I played paintball, your loonie was the perfect size to adjust the regulator on my Bushmaster 2000.

1 Like

The Canadian dollar finally useful for something!

2 Likes

Americans have loonies? Well, I guess we do, but isnā€™t it a lot of work going out to a Trump rally every time you want to make an adjustment?

3 Likes

Why not both?

4 Likes

Iā€™m still disappointed that the $2 coin became known as the toonie. I preferred the ā€œmoonieā€, since it featured the queen on the front with a bear behind.

3 Likes

Yeah, I heard about that catch later on the radio. Understandable but it hasnā€™t stopped people from suggesting other living legends either.

I got the impression that since they were seeking a specific person rather than a general reference, that it would be replacing the traditional portraiture.

Nobodyā€™s saying theyā€™re couldnā€™t be men of achievement. Itā€™s just that thereā€™s already been some men of achievement (such as the PMs you just mentioned). The ladies so far, who are all fine people, have been royalty. So theyā€™re more just traveling anachronisms to modern democracy and occasional fly-through visitors, not day-to-day Canadians or big-time achievers on their own.

Keifer Sutherlandā€™s granddad would be a fine figure on a bill too.

However, as a guy, Iā€™m OK with the next person of achievement on a bill being a woman.

1 Like

But my list does include some specific people (though I didnā€™t name them). The 2004 $50 bill depicts Emily Murphy, Irene Marryat Parlby, Nellie Mooney McClung, Louise Crummy McKinney, and Henrietta Muir Edwards.

Swiss francs are great

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.