Harriet Tubman on the $20?

Replacing Andrew Jackson?

8 Likes

#SQUEEEEE!!!

11 Likes

God-Man VS Human-Man VS Tub-Man - Tub-man wins!

5 Likes

Not til 2030, I read.

ETA:

I read that elsewhere.

1 Like

But people familiar with the matter said new designs for the bills should be ready by 2020.

2 Likes

Adjusted

From actual capital to a symbol of capitalism, you’ve come a long way baby.

12 Likes

It was going to be Hamilton, I blame Big Broadway and their New York Values™

7 Likes

f**k andrew jackson

8 Likes

Sounds better in the original Choctaw, Creek, Chickasaw, Seminole, Cherokee. Chippewa, Ottawa, Muskogee and/or Potawatomi.

21 Likes

14 Likes

This is good news. A bit of a twofer, but at least it’s happening. So glad we’re finally breaking the "rule"of presidents and founding father on bills. Maybe we’ll even do what other countries do and issue anniversary bills. I’m still looking forward to seeing the Saturn V on a bill. Preferably a $5 bill.

6 Likes
6 Likes

How Lin-Manuel Miranda taught liberals to love Alexander Hamilton

2 Likes

The white guy gets pushed to the back to make room for a woman of color? It’s Rosa Parks in reverse!

(But seriously why keep him at all he didn’t even like the idea of paper money FFS.)

6 Likes

ramsey white man needs a break

Something tells me that there will soon be more content for the Reverse Racism (topical gif/jpeg bank)

13 Likes

I wonder what she’d make of this.

4 Likes

Glad she’s making it onto the $20, pity they’re keeping Jackson on the bill.

6 Likes

“What do you mean you don’t have change for a 20. Harriet Tubman brought change for everybody!”

11 Likes

I’ll happily adjust my referencing of US 20’s from “Jacksons” to “Tubmans”

I mean shit I already meant Samuel L Jackson anyway, and Harriet Tubman is a vast improvement on my internal improvement.

6 Likes