Canadian MPs improvised spears to fight off shooter while PM Harper hid in the closet

[Permalink]

1 Like

Iā€™d venture the public announcement that the PM had left the building was a deliberate deception tactic. In the age of instant media and smart phones, the assailant(s) could be expected to keep up-to-date on any relevant info getting out.

7 Likes

Can we now get them to use said spears to fight off Harper?

17 Likes

I think you need garlic and a holy symbolā€¦ and possibly a sprig of Dickbane.

16 Likes

yeah possible as a disinfo tactic to keep the Pm safe

Either the MPā€™s become more pro gun or they get armed security officers

1 Like

ā€œSomeone knew there was a closet there so they stuck him in there,ā€

I donā€™t know anything about country leader security (well, outside what Iā€™ve seen in the movies) but is it not a little disturbing that it appears they didnā€™t at the very least have various contingency plans for this sort of situation? Iā€™m not for one minute saying that this was ā€œPlan Aā€ and obviously itā€™s an unprecedented, frightening, dangerous situation but are they genuinely saying that Plan B/C/Z/whatever was ā€œweā€™ll wing it if it ever happensā€?

4 Likes

Isnā€™t that the very essence of crisis planning by most of the governments?

8 Likes

Harper was shoved into a closet while the MPā€™s armed themselves with spears? If only the MPā€™s shoved the spears into Harperā€¦

4 Likes

From the photo, Canada looks a bit warmer than I would have expected for this time of year.

I absolutely need to know more! What is this ā€œdickbane,ā€ and how can I cultivate it?

4 Likes

Of course!!!

You can see negotiations for the hiring of a security company now:

ā€œSo weā€™re offering a comprehensive, 21st century protection plan. The latest hi-tech armoury in the hands of the modern highly trained elite - well-versed in the psychologies and tactics of any possible opponā€¦ā€

ā€œIā€™ll stop you there. We do the thinking round here. We basically just need you to look intimidating in shades.ā€

5 Likes

No, ā€œPlan Aā€ was the closet, and it worked perfectly.
Edited to say: Canada, eh?

3 Likes

As a fully time-served 80s teenager, I am qualified to glower and wear mirrorshades indoors.

5 Likes

The real hero of this whole tragic attack on Parliament was Sergeant-at-Arms Kevin Vickers who took down the shooter with his sidearm (not with his ceremonial mace). The latest accounts emphasize how incredibly bad-ass his actions were, though Iā€™m sure heā€™d never describe them as such.

8 Likes

5 Likes

Plan A was let the male models look badass and then have the really dangerous guy wear a funny hat. Works every time.

4 Likes

Had their government not been so anti-science, perhaps they could have instead fashioned light sabres from the materials at hand. But no, they had to go and limit themselves to prehistoric weaponry.

2 Likes

The problem with having an actual Plan A-Z is that it limits you to only a few possible scenarios. By not having a plan, and ā€˜winging itā€™, fast, creative thinking is in play.

3 Likes

This is why Canadians donā€™t really need guns. When push comes to shove, they will improvise spears.

6 Likes