Capitol rioter Rosanne Boyland died from "acute amphetamine intoxication," not trampling, according to D.C. Medical Examiner's Office

I’ve never heard of an opiate sniff, but I’ve done more than my share of snorted cocaine and ground up stimulant pills, and trump’s sniffles looked exactly like that to me.

After an hour or so the vasoconstriction makes your mucous membranes completely dry out and the sniff goes away.

3 Likes

I think it’s tied to the shallow respiration that opiates can cause; it makes it harder to clear airways and get enough air. It ends up disrupting the speech pattern a bit. Particularly for people who have sinus issues anyway.

Again, I’ve heard it in people who are responsibly using opiates under a doctor’s care to deal with real, actual pain issues.

1 Like

[ Update 4-8-2021 – Headline changed to indicate cause of death was from “acute amphetamine intoxication,” not “meth.”]

Well, glad you cleared THAT up!

3 Likes

No wonder they were so cranky!

3 Likes

Might have been overuse of legit medication, as opposed to just overuse of recreational form. Site rule to not diagnose or speculate on diagnosis.

1 Like

Usually cops make up a post facto drug overdose to clear themselves after they kill someone. That makes this report tough to trust. Of course, that’s superficially put on its head in this case as the blame shift protects other protestors. Well, until of course you remember who the other protestors are…

Can we please agree to use “insurrectionist,” “terrorist,” or “traitor” for these persons instead of “rioter” or “protestor”? Rosanne “This ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ Flag I’m Carrying Won’t Ever Be Seen As Ironic” Boyland was part of a concerted effort to overthrow the government of the United States. She was also a co-conspirator in a conspiracy by by the second branch of the U.S. government to assassinate the first branch because that first branch didn’t want to do what the second branch wanted.

Not one of the people who marched on the Capitol deserves any less than twenty years in prison.

11 Likes

Fixed that for you.

4 Likes

More like every five on BB. 2015 and 2016 that I know of.

It wasn’t just the Germans, though,and not just WW2. I’ll quote my earlier comment:

From Wikipedia: “During World War II, amphetamine and methamphetamine were used extensively by both the Allied and Axis forces for their stimulant and performance-enhancing effects.”

Also: “Amphetamine was given to Allied bomber pilots during World War II to sustain them by fighting off fatigue and enhancing focus during long flights. During the Persian Gulf War, amphetamine became the drug of choice for American bomber pilots, being used on a voluntary basis by roughly half of U.S. Air Force pilots.The Tarnak Farm incident, in which an American F-16 pilot killed several friendly Canadian soldiers on the ground [in Afghanistan], was blamed by the pilot on his use of amphetamine.”

I knew a man who joined the Canadian Army as a teenager at the end of WW2, and was training to go to the Pacific when the war ended. He described being given a pill that the recruits were told would eliminate the need for food. I’ve always assumed that was amphetamine or a similar stimulant.

Soldiers have been returning from war as addicts for a long time. From the Wikipedia article on morphine:
“…its extensive use during the American Civil War allegedly resulted in over 400,000 sufferers from the “soldier’s disease” of morphine addiction.”

7 Likes

This was supposed to be one of the few things he didn’t totally fuck up (and the opioid problem had nothing to do with him in the first place).

However…

So… :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

The USAF has pilots fly 36 hour shifts using Modafinil.

I take it myself. It’s practically a miracle drug. All the cognitive benefits and enhanced wakefulness, but it doesn’t wire you up and make you hyper. As far as I can tell there’s pretty much no peripheral nervous system effects either.

I’m taking it now because I spent so many years on traditional stimulants for ADHD that my kidneys are shot.

5 Likes

Just gonna leave this here:

2 Likes

When did that come out? I like their sound here. Some of their earlier stuff wasn’t as much my taste.

1 Like

It’s from 2013, they seem to veer from industrial metal to more electronic sounds on alternating albums recently. It works pretty good for them, I think

1 Like

I mean there was footage of her falling underneath a large group of people though, right? (or maybe I imagined that…def don’t want to search it out atm though) Surely that didn’t help.

So she fell down and was trampled over-if the cause of her falling was an overdose and not just being in a large hyped-up crowd, that crowd was still happy to literally walk right over her to get to their objective. Such caring people!

3 Likes

At least we still have the guy who tazed himself in the balls

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.