Car cassette slot mistaken for iPhone dock, and also the real deal

Life imitates art sometimes, but these stories are self-propagating, independent of copycats.

I donā€™t claim its real, I just donā€™t doubt it could have happened and is in fact less weird than other situations Iā€™ve seen personally.
I was once unable to help a user locate his monitor. After that Iā€™ll believe anything.

2 Likes

I did graveyard shift for years for Compaq, we had a lady who must have had dementia and believed that the spirit of her deceased husband was infesting her PC. I donā€™t doubt that weirdness occurs, but urban legends are bland and flavorless, and Iā€™m disappointed when my friends tell me that they totally knew a Oranjello/Lemonjello/ā€œShitheadā€, or that their dad was a surgeon who treated someone who masturbated with a lobster tail and ended up with langustino babies, or something so ridiculous.

Having a central repository of shaggy dog stories has cut down on them with future generations, but the older ones keep on carrying them as of they were their own.

2 Likes

I remember when I was a wee lad we were watching a double cassette movie like Ben Hur, well it got to the end of part one and it was my job to get up and change it out to part two, but someone switched them around and without looking I had put in part two of Gods And Generals. My dad had an uncharacteristic freak out about this (even though my mom felt like watching GnG), so that April Fools day I took all the double movies and switched them around.

Moral of the story: donā€™t flip out about inconsequential shit because your kids will think itā€™s funny.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.