Car information security is a complete disaster -- here's why

This article highlights exactly why I drive a car from 1997. There’s no security concerns when you have nothing in the car that needs to be secured. Given it’s a Honda with 85,000 miles on it, I expect I’ll be driving this car for the next 20 years at a minimum. (Which would bring the total mileage to about 220k based on my driving habits.)

The Ford Pinto Memo all over again?

1 Like

Some of us don’t want to drive a honda.

Besides, you going to drive it when gas is $20 a gallon?

Honda is a pretty good car brand. Another car to swear upon is Toyota Hilux, the unbreakable pickup truck that the Top Gear guys unsuccessfully tried to destroy. “Killing a Toyota” search on youtube should yield all three parts of the episode.

And don’t worry, gasoline is unlikely to go to $20/gal, counted in today’s dollars (due to inflation). There are methods for making synthetic hydrocarbons; from “green crude” (with gene modding research going on to increase the oil conversion efficiency) to a range of biomass-to-liquid and coal liquefaction methods. These aren’t profitable with today’s crude prices, but they were at around the threshold when the conventional crude price peaked. Don’t listen to the naysayers, they don’t have much of an idea about energetics.

It’s more likely that some do-gooder in the govt will try to ban their kind of engines.

I am not the only one who likes the Toyota pickups. These cars were used in large numbers in the latter phase of the Chad-Libya conflict, on both sides, which earned it the name “Toyota war”. They are robust, rugged cars that can be easily converted to whatever kind of light war rig you need.

1 Like

Who could ask for anything more?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.