Cast iron skillets: seasoned vs enameled

When I saw this title I knew you were the author.
The only enameled cookware I have is a Dutch oven that gets a lot of use. And since I do not have a cast iron to compare, it seems the best.

Like I said I was under the impression that at a minimum copper plated pans existed for induction, but everything I can track down a bottom shot of has a bare stainless patch. Cause there are pans that are simply given a copper finish, so they look like copper but are much cheaper.

I kept poking cause I was sure I’d seen something, but it seems like the marketing approach on these is to make people think they’re copper across the whole exterior. And I can’t find a single example of that on anything I can find a bottom shot of. If that was possible, and this important for marketing, I think it would exist.

Copper plating is gonna be a lot thinner than foil.

But google tells us something else.

Apparently aluminum foil can be heated on induction, even if aluminum pans can’t. So your foil was probably just passing the heat/field on.

It also seems to be a fairly dangerous thing to do. Judging from the warnings and youtube videos.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.