Caterpillar Inc. sends cease and desist to Cat and Cloud Coffee shop

15 Likes

Worst cat fight I’ve ever seen.

20 Likes

Definitely going for the low hanging fruit.

3 Likes

Bored lawyers are a terrible thing.

6 Likes

The two Logos are strikingly not similar, in the least.

7 Likes

24 Likes

I also have a standing boycott against Chik-Fil-A, even beyond the Eat More Kale fiasco. However i’m constantly surprised over how many people i know that are pro LGBT that are very hardcore Chik-Fil-A fans.

9 Likes

i guess it’s time to rename their coffee shop. might i suggest:

Caterpillar and Cloud Coffee
Home of the Decaf Coffeedozer™

12 Likes

I demand they add cat ears to all of their machinery if they are going to stick with this nonsense.

Also I am guessing they would not care if the coffee shop was called Caterpillar and Cloud.

Hmmm the coffee shop should do a Caterpillar and cloud line of merchandise to pay for legal fees.

4 Likes

Hmm should refresh the browser before I start replying.

3 Likes

There’s trademark defense, and there’s bored lawyers. I hope Cat and Cloud can stay in the fight long enough for a judge to laugh this out of their courtroom, and penalize Caterpillar for wasting the court’s time.

9 Likes

Nope. These are their apparel trademarks…

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88089539&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=88089319&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch

They are lying bastards.

15 Likes

The Cloud is gonna be SO pissed.

7 Likes

They saw the furor over John Deere’s DRM shenanigans and said, “Hold my beer.”

14 Likes

great minds…

Anytime I think that the greed infected American rich cannot go more stupidly lower I am proven wrong. I would love to have a court that would drag the scummy little cat attorneys out into public view. Let people know the faces of greed. I’m also willing to bet that these same lawyers hang a maga cap along side of their cat cap.

4 Likes

Trademark lawyers are the most easily confused people on earth.

5 Likes

From what I understand (through friends & colleagues who used to work there), Caterpillar makes near-zero profit on their heavy equipment. Where they make their profits are in consulting and licensing. Strangely enough (if they had a legal leg to stand on), defending their apparel brand is pretty important to their business.

3 Likes

Hey y’all, this is more than a cease and desist. It is an attempt to cancel our standing trademark.

Just want to keep it clear as an owner of the shop.

45 Likes

Thanks for weighing in, Jared. That’s truly shitty of them. I wish you well in fighting them off!

17 Likes