Cats in Hats, as found in Japanese capsule vending machines

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/28/cats-in-hats-as-found-in-japa.html

2 Likes

And everyone of those moggies is thinking, “For this ignominy, human, you shall die. But, first you must feed me. Then you shall die. Then later you will feed me again. Or maybe I will have to eat you at that point. What’s that!!! A FEATHER!!! DIIIIIIIIE FEATHER!!! What is this on my head?! For this ignominy, human, you shall die…”

7 Likes

Cats in Hats, as found in Japanese capsule vending machines

Why … why would you put a cat in a vending machine?

7 Likes

The cats all look really happy in these photos and that’s how you know it’s a quality product.

6 Likes

(called Gotcha Gotcha in Japan)

Thought they were Gashapon/Gachapon? From the wiki:

“Gashapon” is onomatopoeic from the two Japanese sounds: “gasha” (or “gacha”) for the hand-cranking action of a toy-vending machine, and “pon” for the toy capsule landing in the collection tray.

Also these cat hats are odd, i see them constantly on a site i like to frequent to keep an eye on new vinyl figures that are coming out. It amuses me endlessly but makes me wonder how many people are actually using these on their cats.

2 Likes

I first read the title of this as “Cats in Hell, as found in Japanese capsule vending machines”. It would have probably been accurate.

5 Likes

To tell if it’s dead or alive. It’s indeterminate until you pull the lever.

8 Likes

27%20AM

2 Likes

New avatar?

1 Like

Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps. That silly cat face just begs to be an avatar. But I’d have to say goodbye to Stare by Jenny Saville, and that’s a deal breaker.

Kitty

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.