CBC warns Canadians: US cops will pull you over and steal your money

My new card has a chip, and I believe by October next year this will be standard.

Why not share the actual article this is built on? The Washington Post deserves the credit – it spent tons of resources gathering this information. This is what journalism actually looks like, people. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sf/investigative/2014/09/06/stop-and-seize/

1 Like

Except there are some differences between a travel advisory and investigative reporting. I’d be very surprised if the CBC were to involve themselves in investigative reporting of a problem specific to your country. The news value of this article is that the fact of “badged robbery” is well enough established that another country sees fit to issue travel advisories.

2 Likes

Agreed. The more the better. The border guards, in reality, don’t want to do the paperwork.

I was referring to BB’s lack of credit for the Post’s hard work, more than anything.

Not really sure BB has to - if you read the CBC’s article, there is pretty prominent mention of the Post’s work, including a pull quote.

2 Likes

Don’t you know, Congress had rendered the Bill of Rights null and void on October 21, 2001

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.