Check out Adam Savage's DIY modded Seiko watch based on the Omega Seamaster

Originally published at: Check out Adam Savage's DIY modded Seiko watch based on the Omega Seamaster | Boing Boing

2 Likes

“I have two dollars… and a Casio.”

5 Likes

He spends a lot of time adjusting that bracelet. Must be careful.

I just did this last week with a very similar tool to lengthen the bracelet on a new-to-me Citizen Mickey Mouse Eco-Drive watch. This watch makes me smile even more than my vintage Omega Seamaster Automatic De Ville.

6 Likes

That was a really cool video, but man… clip your nails and wash your hands with lava or something, sir! :slight_smile:

I really like the look of the new Omega Speedmaster X-33 space watches… but then I saw reports of the buttons falling off. And then one failed so catastrophically on-orbit and had to be repaired in freakin’ zero-gravity, and that kindof killed my dream of getting one.

1 Like

Man worth $8 million has two $500 watches, shows off another watch he cobbled together from parts.

I dunno. Something about this post just made me ask how much Adam Savage is worth, and how much the watch model mentioned is worth.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.