"China flight systems jammed by pig farm’s African swine fever defences"

2 Likes

Now I see why food taster used to be an important job. :nauseated_face: My new plan is to wait 24 hours after my canaries in a coal mine traveling companions try a new eatery before I circle back to sample the cuisine.

3 Likes

And common. I imagine once a food taster got good enough to earn enough at it, the first order of business was to hire a food taster.

3 Likes

The trickle-down economic benefits of poisoners.

6 Likes

while I plan to never leave the house or eat food ever again.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Never undstood how the “Centauri Republic” had an emperor with unquestioned power. Does not sound like a “republic.”

1 Like

I gather the “republic” part is that the Centarum, the aristocratic governing assembly, demonstrated some control over who became emperor. Still, this quote always comes in handy…

“This agglomeration which was called and which still calls itself the Holy Roman Empire was neither holy, nor Roman, nor an empire.” ~ Essay on the Mores and Spirit of Nations (Essai sur les Mœurs et L’Esprit des Nations) [circa 1756 CE] by Voltaire [François-Marie Arouet]

Of course American “Republicans” have a hard-on for theocratic dictatorship so, to quote sage Timon from The Lion King, what’s in a name?

7 Likes

“there’s a nice knock - down argument for you!”

2 Likes

If I am placing this episode correct, it is the one I know of as ‘And the Rock Cried Out, No Hidding Place’;. Not sure, but that may be they only time that particular Centari shows up. It’s an astonishingly good one, too.

1 Like

Just ‘First Citzen’. Please. I insist.

The Chinese Gov already impose a random shift on google map as well.
Browse the border between China and Hong Kong in map view to see road cut in the middle for no reason.

2 Likes

China is arguably having a ‘hold my beer’ moment in intensive porcine husbandry.

2 Likes

Ceremonies of Light and Dark (S03E11), before No Hiding Place (S03E20), where Lord Refa is pulped (except his head) to death by a mob of angry Narn, in a bargain between Londo and G’Kar. He first visited B5 S02E03.

3 Likes

For now. This sounds like a great way to increase the likelihood of the right sort of mutation.

2 Likes

Refa showed up in a few episodes, initially as political co-conspirator/facilitator of Londo. That said, his final episode, And the Rock Cried Out, No Hiding Place was one of the high points of the entire series and that particular character’s best episode IMNSHO. It later turns out that, to steal of Melville, from hell’s heart he stabs at Londo, but I don’t want to spoil anything.

More like the precuel to ‘Oryx and Crake’. Just a matter of time before they start spreading human diseases so they can sell the cure.

1 Like

Pun intended?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.