China will not accept 'theft' of TikTok by Trump and the U.S, reports state-run China Daily

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/03/china-will-not-accept-theft.html

This is what we’re bickering over? A fucking app? What’s going to happen when they or us have something we all need, like a vaccine?

13 Likes

This really is the stupidest timeline…

derry-girls-sister-michael-am-i-in-hell

22 Likes

Yeah, it is.

Where the fuck is that portal at, already???

11 Likes

Yeah, really. The endless stupidity is all getting rather tiresome…

12 Likes

Or like, microprocessors, printet circuit boards, consumer electronics,…

It’s like closing the stable after the oxen are already escaped.

5 Likes

Somehow this indeed feels like the correct answer to this, though. Doesn’t it?

1 Like

Who cares?

Sarah Cooper is on YouTube too.

3 Likes

Donald Trump: US Treasury should get cut of TikTok deal

6 Likes

So, a sort of… tax, Donnie? Gee, what a unique and never before discussed concept…

Trump’s taking a page from China’s shitty playbook, although I’m sure there are personal reasons for going after TikTok rather than, say, WeChat.

4 Likes

Well, let’s be fair. He’s not very familiar with taxes, having had people figure out for him how to get out of them (fraudulently) for so much of his life. I mean he hasn’t even been able to find his tax returns that he promised to release in the last 4 years.

2 Likes

China, which has made access to Facebook, Google, and Twitter all-but-impossible for the better part of a decade, argues that Washington’s heavy-handedness lays bare “the hypocrisy of the so-called fair competition touted by the United States” and has called for the Trump administration to “refrain from politicizing economic issues”.

2 Likes
1 Like

Is this the part where China threatens to take away Ivanka’s trademarks?

3 Likes

No. Because the real point is to ensure the elite stay that way and the rest of us get fucked.

2 Likes

We are living in the “Diminishing Upside Era”. :smiling_imp:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.