"Christian" hospital charges its own nurse $900,000 for her premature baby

Okay, by what universally applicable standard can we judge the sincerity of an organization’s religious belief?

2 Likes

That’s the rub isn’t it… “universally applicable standard”. I have my understanding of the teachings of Jesus, they have theirs and you have yours. They and you can have your opinion, and your language and words, I can have mine.

And after 13 years of religious education I have a much different understanding of Christianity than this church apparently does. I think my understanding is closer to that of Jesus, but they don’t, obviously. (Except when faced with widespread scrutiny - seems to me that that fact is a bit revealing wouldn’t you say?)
They have a greater access to a literal and figurative pulpit than I do. So there’s that.

But I certainly hope you are not suggesting that I don’t have a right to my thoughts and opinions on this. I’m not insisting that you accept what I suggest, but I still have a right to suggest it.

Except the ‘Scotsman’ is wearing lederhosen and speaking with a Bavarian accent.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.