Claim: Shakespeare's work was by a woman

They were written by Frances Bacon’s secret lesbian lover Willhelmina Stanley

1 Like

Battle of the Planets, aka Voltron

4 Likes

I thought Shakespeare was just the codename assigned to whoever is the most pugilistic agent in MI6 at any given time.

2 Likes

2 Likes

it was ALIENS

1 Like

Bi-locational? It has been so rumored thru The Sonnets

2 Likes

Because Shakespeare was really a committee! A single claimed author for a group of writers. It doesn’t compare with the text of other plays because the style is so inconsistent and tough to nail down.

It just popped in my head when I read your comment but it is not sillier than others.

See more than one style, like more than one author maybe writing under one name!

It all makes sense!
:grinning:

2 Likes

See, Committee!

2 Likes

Being that he fled from the Inquisition, might he also have been Jewish? (Oh why not? Like God and Mark Twain, if he had not existed we would have had to invent him)

Shakespeares every one- it’s Shakespeares all the way down.

Guy had more cover names than a herd of Smileys.

4 Likes

More specifically, Klingons.

7 Likes

Science Ninja Team Gatchaman, I thought

though will I concede early in any nerd-off about anime, even the ones popular when I was a kid

4 Likes

Everything you never wanted to know about Voltron

With this little chestnut about the original series it came from
" Overall, the show was much darker in tone and featured graphic acts of violence and cruelty including rape, suicide, forced cannibalism, and bodies being pulled apart. Most of this was edited out for the American Voltron ."

3 Likes

That one is my favourite.

1 Like

You are correct, Gatchaman not Voltron (but they are quite similar).

2 Likes

I thought this was a joke about the similarities of the two.

3 Likes

Hamlet would probably be the least comprehensible Shakespeare play for a Klingon.

The premise: a prince spends an extended period of stage time trying to make a difficult decision regarding whether or not to avenge his father’s murder by a dishonorable usurper.

To a human, that would be the equivalent of writing a play about a starving man faced with the difficult decision of whether or not to eat the delicious sandwich someone just served him. “Why are you still talking about this? Just EAT THE F***ING SANDWICH ALREADY.”

8 Likes

Mine too!

2 Likes

I have it on a Tshirt

1 Like

I’m jelly.