Classic female character killed. Men investigate. Again

It certainly beats “Nancy Boys”. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Definitely a marketing fail ripe for misunderstanding.

4 Likes

Sure beats the name they went with (“Super Mystery”).

I like “The League of Inquisitive Teens.” That way they could have a rotating roster of members in case anyone from the Scooby Doo gang wanted to help out for a one-off adventure.

5 Likes

Neil Gaiman already took that one.

2 Likes

That’s quite a tropical print pattern his shorts. Normally the coconuts are found below the banana.

5 Likes

This crossover was already done back in 1991.

With their fearless crime-fighting, good manners, and manly fashion sense, the Hardly boys are the pride of Feyport, Illinois. In A Ghost in the Closet, dark-haired, muscular Frank and his lovable kid brother, Joe, return from a gay trip to Europe to find that their parents - world-famous detective Fennel P. Hardly and his wife, Mrs. Hardly - have been kidnapped! Even worse, so have six poodles from the Lake Merrimen Dog Show! Pals Nancy Clue, Cherry Aimless, R.N., and Police Detective Jackie Jones help the Hardly boys track down the criminals - and in the meantime, pick up useful tips on fingerprinting, evidence retrieval, and the laundering of sporty twill slacks.

Like her beloved camp classics, The Case of the Not-So-Nice Nurse and The Case of the Good-For-Nothing Girlfriend, Mabel Maney’s A Ghost in the Closet brilliantly parodies 1950s boys and girls adventure series. Pull on a casual rayon shirt and join the queer caper!

7 Likes

That’s… amazing… :star_struck:

5 Likes

I first heard the joke on an episode of Frasier.

[Roz is thinking of writing a children’s book]

[Dr. Frasier Crane ]
Good for you, Roz! You know, I dabbled in juvenile fiction myself. Yes, Niles and I, when we were boys, wrote a series of stories together in which we were the heroes. Along the lines of a Hardy Boys or a Nancy Drew.

[Roz Doyle ]
The Nancy Boys?

[Dr. Frasier Crane ]
[giving her a hooded look] No.

7 Likes

You should check out this one…

Though it isn’t exactly the Hardy Boys. But it is a metric ton more fun.

ETA and I totes missed this already posted by @KathyPartdeux.
Drink of choice to you if you are ever nearby.

6 Likes

You owe @KathyPartdeux a coke…

6 Likes

Agatha Christie can burn in hell; I’ll stick with Veronica Mars, (even though Rob Thomas is also an ass.)

3 Likes

WhooHoo!!!

5 Likes

That book was hilarious and totally falls under the category of “I’m not gay but I make no case for it.”

3 Likes

Hey, let’s not forget that Christie was one of the first writers to call public attention to the widespread problem of European aristocrats murdering each other on vacation.

5 Likes

Says the lady who has someone die in her proximity every week. A bit of a statistical anomaly.

5 Likes

I forget nothing; like the original title of And Then There Were None.

Unfuck her.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.