Comics writer Grant Morrison is now officially a fictional character in the DC movie universe

Originally published at: Comics writer Grant Morrison is now officially a fictional character in the DC movie universe | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Cool, I guess. I’ve been a fictional character for some years now. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be.

9 Likes

I guess in their King Mob days they were in disguise.

8 Likes

You need a better editor.

8 Likes

Oh! I gave myself a sad! :sob: RIP Paul Raven!!!

4 Likes

Three different King Mobs in one thread!?

7 Likes

Situationists are everywhere!

9 Likes

Yeah, but nobody knows what they’ll get up to next.

7 Likes

I’m still waiting for them to take over Paris and make a commune…

5 Likes

I believe the first DC writer to appear (as an editor) in his own comic book was Julius Schwartz :thinking:

4 Likes

I think it’s Manhattan first, then Berlin and then Paris.

4 Likes

Jerry Seinfeld Agree GIF

Damn it… there is a Cat and Girl where Grrrl goes to find the fabled hipster bohemia, only to find Cat there already… and I don’t remember the name of it… :thinking:

4 Likes

:crazy_face:

French Protesters Say Non to the New Year

“We’re saying no to the tyranny of time, no to the merciless onslaught of the calendar, and yes to staying put in 2008,” says a man who identifies himself as Marie-Gabriel, a militant member of the Fonacon group, which is organizing its fourth annual anti–New Year protest under the slogan “2009 Stays In Its Shell.” “Last year we warned a mocking world that 2008 would be horrible compared to 2007, and we were right. This time everyone acknowledges 2009 will be terrible, so now is the moment to unite together and refuse this new, rotten year!”

9 Likes

So basically DC could do a “spin-off” that’s just… a Grant Morrison biography. (Actual or fictional)

And, as it turned out, they were correct.

7 Likes

Up Against the Wall Motherfucker

4 Likes

What Grant Morrison says in that clip, “I can see you.” is directly lifted from his run on Animal Man, issue 19. AM took peyote and the truth of his existence as a comic book character was revealed when he could momentarily see us, the readers of the comic, looking at him.

10 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

All pop culture is just part of the Grantiverse.

3 Likes

Ahhh but that was Kirk Morrison, not Grant Morrison

Which is why King Mob was just a vessel for Grant to manifest a real-life flesh-eating face virus and a real-life wife.

5 Likes

Don’t we all…
Or a rewind/erase button.

1 Like