Commie Library of Memes

If one of them turns out to be poison oak we’ll all be glad we played this online.

8 Likes

That’s kind of embarrassing. I’m really into plant ID and foraging, but found some of those leaves hard to ID. I’m not into shopping but got all but the alligator brand in a moment.
To be fair, though, there are a lot of trees with similar leaves and more goes into ID than just the leaf. But my best guesses are some kind of maple, ash, balsam fir (or possibly hemlock?), oak, aspen, and some kind of dogwood?
Anyway, the point comes across loud and clear! It would be interesting to see something similar where people have to associate a brand/logo with a common food product, and also the plant or animal origin of that food product. Like, people might easily associate the Starbuck’s logo with a cup of coffee, but could they also associate a picture of the coffee plant?

The obvious takeaway here is that our trees need better branding. :wink:

13 Likes

Also, the logos have been explicitly designed to be easily recognized and remembered, even when drawn poorly, whereas the trees haven’t.

10 Likes

Yeah. Pshaw! Intelligent design, my butt!
:joy:

10 Likes

Not a meme, but almost short enough to be one.

13 Likes

17 Likes
7 Likes

8 Likes

26 Likes

27 Likes

15 Likes

19 Likes

Hyvää Vappua!
Happy May Day/International Workers’ Day!

I enjoyed marching.

22 Likes

14 Likes

Happy May Day, my Happy Mutant Comrades.

17 Likes

20 Likes

The immediate origin of May Day is not in dispute. It was a resolution passed by one of the two rival founding congresses of the International – the Marxist one – in Paris in July 1889, centenary year of the French Revolution. This called for an international demonstration by workers on the same day,

Huh? The demonstrations that led to the Chicago Hay Market Affair started on May 1, 1886! No mention in the article of the proud :us: origins of May 1 as Labour Day?

How very tendentious…

9 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes

20 Likes