Cotton and jelly sandwich?

Ricin icing, yum.

5 Likes

I think that having modified cotton isn’t necessarily a bad thing but as you hit it in the head. Monocultures are a problem on various levels: pests/diseases, market fluctuations, political/trade issues can crash the livelihood of many farmers, drought, monocultures deleting soil nutrients, etc.

The solutions to improving food scarcity and bad growing conditions are likely too complicated for easy fixes but i sure as hell know that doubling down on cotton production is a big mistake.

4 Likes

This is going to revolutionize the edible panty market!

4 Likes

It’s how the Soviets drained and destroyed the Aral Sea.

5 Likes

No one’s made a “cotton mouth” joke yet?

I hate to burst your bubble, but the post does say that only the seeds are being made non-toxic, not the other parts of the plant. i.e., the fibers still wouldn’t be edible. So maybe don’t go registering your new party-panty manufacturing business just yet.

Now, if you’re into doing inventive things with peanut butter but your date is allergic, then cottonseed butter may be the new way to go.

2 Likes

This needs to be used in a meat simulant so we can call it “Vegetable lamb.”

2 Likes

cottonseed byproduct has massive uses in animal feed already. If that could be increased, or even diverted to human use…

Wow, I had to look up “Vegetable lamb” for your post to make any sense at all to me (beyond thinking that maybe you were referring to veggie burgers). I had no idea!

(and/or Wikipedia)

And I wish I could give your post more than one Like :smiley:

2 Likes

shakes tiny fist

1 Like

My mother took me to see this film on my recommendation when we moved to Dallas. My mother never, EVER took me to another film.

3 Likes

Thanks for the research, I wound have left it at cotton - white - veggiefood from cotton - veggielamb.

I’m now off to search that tree, and if I find it I will send pics to @pesco.

1 Like

If we could digest large quantities of cellulose, we’d already have been eating our rayon clothing as a party trick by now. I’m afraid your dream of truly edible truly undergarments shall have to wait for a yet more enterprising mind.

1 Like

You guys know how to kill a mood. Next you will tell me Boba Fett isn’t a real person.

5 Likes

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/SarcasticPaleAmericancrocodile-size_restricted.gif

2 Likes

Well, he did die a long long time ago in a galaxy far away.

1 Like

Speaking of food, does this mean I can finally eat my girlfriend’s underwear?

Never!

[and other words]

Well, technically a prank, but there you go:
CDE1E1C7-CF79-449B-8967-F8E7E5118063

2 Likes