How to make your own cotton candy with this simple DIY machine

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/05/how-to-make-your-own-cotton-ca.html

1 Like

I don’t know what it is but there is something disquieting about the narration.

1 Like

Well, I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow.

1 Like

I like cotton candy, but wish to quibble with ‘healthful’, considering it is practically straight sugar (I don’t count the water, really). Did you forget the scare quotes, or /s tag?

3 Likes

A guy had something like this attached to a portable angle grinder at maker faire in Austin a few years ago. He wasn’t an exhibitor, he would just walk up to random people and ask if they wanted to make cotton candy.

2 Likes

You can buy a legit cotton candy machine on EBay pretty cheap. This type of setup would be handy if you were in prison and had limited resources. You’d soon be the most popular person in the cell block.

4 Likes

such a small amount of sugar. don’t forget fruit has sugar.

sugar gets a bad rep because like salt our food is overdosed with it to make people addicted but like addiction they have to keep increasing the dose for people to even notice. went to Scotland then came back and was shocked how salty sugary everything was after I detoxed with bland UK food.

2 Likes

bought the spouse a cheap cotton candy machine and it eventually gummed up and it broke the poor dear’s heart since for some reason cotton candy was high in a childhood bucket list kinda dealio.

still though glad to see plans for doing it DIY style. maybe its time to have moar tasty floof in my life.

1 Like

If you want your carnival sugar in more adult form:

2 Likes

If you want to go all in, do fried butter.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.