Count to ten thousand! (Part 2)

Awh, geeze, not another eyebrow post

Do you have to order two or do they come in pairs?

5 Likes

5 Likes

But check out that beautiful forecast for Monday!

(or the current forecast, for the curious)

4 Likes

Eimac 8974 Here is a gigantic vacuum tube - a water cooled megawatt class Eimac 8974. At one point, this was proclaimed to be the most powerful radio tube in the world! Go online and check out the datasheet! These were used in super high power radio transmitters, as well as fusion reactors. This specific one was used as a spare for the Princeton Tokamak fusion reactor, back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, used to heat the plasma in the chamber. This tube was purchased at one of the University’s auctions maybe 7 or 8 years ago.

7 Likes

7 Likes

8976 - oil filter.

5 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 22.57.34

I reckon there’s a strong possibility they use a sausage stuffer there.
(The picture below really is from their website.)

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 22.58.54

5 Likes

Speaking of sausage,

6 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Citizen 8982 Ana-Digi Temp watch, from the 1980s.

Pretty great classic watch, even if I couldn’t find a good picture with the number on it.

@Logolepsy Mmm, I’ve had those before. They’re good.

8 Likes

Bionicles. If you had a kid in the aughts, you had Bionicles.

5 Likes

8984 (printed on the wing)
" Dragon Wings JA8984 JAL Japan B777-246 1/400 Betelgeuse Diecast Plane Model"

7 Likes

and not only kids. i am well-known as a fan of lego and have been for a long time. one christmas in the 00s one of my 6th grade students gave me a small bionicle set for a present.

and now on to the numbers–

6 Likes

Sketchy ad for a Japanese product. Essentially it is a liquid condom that you apply like hair gel.

6 Likes

5 Likes

I bet Short Creek Farm uses a sausage stuffer!!

@SamSam You should have waited until 8988. A picture paints a thousand words nearly nine thousand numbers

7 Likes

@FSogol Nothing on that package suggests it is a condom replacement. It’s just lube (and in fact says “lube” right in the “8”) and the packaging emphasizes its slippery qualities.

Here’s something that’s the opposite of lube

6 Likes

8 Likes