Creating NFT meta-art

Originally published at: Creating NFT meta-art | Boing Boing

1 Like

I have added this NFT as a single pixel in my forthcoming NFT meta-meta artwork.

2 Likes

21 Likes

oh no not again

7 Likes

So every time someone mints an NFT we use that huge amount of energy? That seems unsustainable…

2 Likes

Plus the (less expensive, sure) calculation anytime someone wants to verify it, and the overhead of many sites maintaining and syncing copies of the blockchain. (I’m still not certain that will scale as soon as a-holes add their entire pr0n collection, including the movies, to the chain.)

3 Likes

This is the next “get rich quick” scheme, which is why so many folks are losing their minds over it (not people here I mean). They think they’ll create a piece of digital art, convert it to an NFT, sell it for millions, and retire. A LOT of folks are going to end up losing their shirts on this, and it’ll always be the broke artists getting the short end of the stick, not the tech douches who have billions to waste on dumb bullshit.

3 Likes

the treachery of images

zodiac

3 Likes

I’m quickly coming to the conclusion that burning the planet in order to reproduce the worst aspects of the fine art market in digital/virtual form is not a healthy or sustainable course of action.

I also think there are less wasteful ways of providing cryptographically signed certificates of authenticity for collectibles than putting them on a blockchain.

In short, not such a Wonderful Thing.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.