Creator of the Punisher is organizing a Black Lives Matter benefit to reclaim the skull symbol from police

They already have one

3 Likes

This just feels like he’s using the BLM movement to advance his butthurt about the logo appropriation.

It’s OVER. The logo is a big darling of right-wingers, preppers, and armchair badasses who think everybody else (Big Brother / the Liberals / the .gov / The Man™ / Zombies / Bad Elements / whomever) needs an ass-kicking. Preferably by someone else, because they’re too busy putting stickers on their shit.

Just saw this today… sigh…

4 Likes

Not to worry, the police will soon be transitioning away from the Punisher iconography to a more directly fascist template:

They are the law?

10 Likes

Let me explain to everyone why that is not going to happen.

2 Likes

Ah…

'A person with knowledge of his creative approach said, “Ike Perlmutter neither discriminates nor cares about diversity, he just cares about what he thinks will make money.” ’

2 Likes

Oy gevalt. Well, it looks like he’s not in charge anymore, but still… If you look into the origins of comics, it was tied to the very lefty Jewish press in the Lower East Side. Comics were printed at night, to keep the presses going 24 hours. If I remember correctly, those presses were run by the Lithographer’s Union, which was very left indeed. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgamated_Lithographers_of_America

5 Likes

Judge Dredd only beat up white people in that cover

1 Like

8 Likes

That punisher patch has been worn by US special forces operators (like SEALs) and PMCs (like Academi) for years. Many soldiers end up as cops and in light of the visual militarisation of the coppers the patch obviously migrated as a code.
So it is a little late to try to reclaim it, as there already is a history of its wearers killing POC.
Side note: https://sofrep.com/specialoperations/kill-the-enemy-but-please-dont-hurt-his-feelings/
The main point was, police should’t wear skulls in any form, but that Punisher logo on a patch has been tainted as much as the swastica. (No it’s not an indian symbol of the sun. Just no.)
Still cool Garry Conway takes a stand.

Edit: Don’t know if it’s OK to link to a site like sofrep, moderators feel free to delete the link.

Thanks for posting that. I read it a while back and was looking for it to post here, but couldn’t remember the source. Very relevant.

1 Like

Judge Giant was Black.
Pick a new argument.

4 Likes

I’m STILL going to answer, when asked:
“Do you want fries with that?” I’ll have mine with skulls please.
I can’t help it.

2 Likes

Given the use of the totenkopf by the SS, doesn’t it seem just a little bit inappropriate??

Seems plenty appropriate to me.

4 Likes

What argument? I just noticed there were no POC.

That’s because everyone else was targeted for summary execution.

5 Likes

tenor-7

2 Likes

Upon closer look, Judge Dredd’s baton is not very bloody, and he’s clearly fired his gun as the display indicates, and he has his back turned while there is a gun on the ground easily reachable by the judged, so everyone must be dead!

Great news! Everyone wins!

1 Like

From KnowYourMeme:

4 Likes

Judge Dredd failed Fascism 101, because he believed Judges should be held to the same laws as citizens.

1 Like