Crypto influencer convicted in $110m scam

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/20/crypto-influencer-convicted-in-110m-scam.html

7 Likes

I can’t believe that his ironclad “code is law; bruh” defense didn’t work out for him.

“I believe all of our actions were legal open market actions, using the protocol as designed, even if the development team did not fully anticipate all the consequences of setting parameters the way they are.”

“I was involved with a team that operated a highly profitable trading strategy last week.” will probably become a finance-fed office joke for some time to come.

11 Likes

Crypto Bros: “We don’t need laws and regulation around crypto - it’ll just limit how much money we can make off it, and it’s not necessary because ‘smart contracts’ replace laws! Anything allowed by the contract is just a highly profitable trading strategy!”
Also Crypto Bros: “No, not like that.”

13 Likes

Shocked Futurama GIF

7 Likes

The scheme impacted both investors trading and the exchange itself

Once again showing that if you mess with the people with money, justice is swift and hard.

Attempt to cancel the exchange of power for the country? Kid glove treatment.

11 Likes

So someone must be shilling AI crypto by now and I have not noticed because my brain might just reject seeing it.

8 Likes
5 Likes

It was evident years ago that cryptocurrency markets are dens of scammers, hucksters and other assorted criminals.

I laughed out loud when I read that in the article. It’s a digital version of sovereign citizen woo.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.