Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

Infinite dollars leads to hyperinflation

Infinite seats at the table, OTOH, is the defining characteristic of a pyramid scheme

4 Likes

Some residents have been taking advantage of a government program providing free electricity to mountain regions, with the aim of keeping the remote communities alive, and using the subsidized power to churn out virtual money in their medieval towers.

Georgia has emerged as an unlikely global cryptocurrency hotspot, with prospectors attracted to the country’s laissez-faire business environment and cheap electricity needed for the power-hungry process of “mining” the virtual money. Svaneti – with its free electricity for households and discounts for businesses – is an especially appealing base for the industry.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Damn it.

5 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

I press a button and my payment is made already. How is it speedier for me to press a different button and the payment is made?

At least it has the added value of not being insured?

5 Likes

Something, something, gotta keep up with China.

3 Likes

Something, something, some cryptogrifter has friends in congress.

2 Likes

Star Trek Reaction GIF

3 Likes

AndItsGone

9 Likes

So far I’m enjoying watching this guy dryly clowning on crypto

2 Likes

(source alex: "Only-One-Of-It Machine" - this godforsaken website)

7 Likes

https://www.gourmetnft.com/

from their little “What are NFTs” ditty,

Because they have extremely long serial numbers and reside on the “blockchain” with their individual smart contracts tied to them, they are impossible to copy… think of it like trying to print out a video and share it…it just can’t be done.

fucking dare me

4 Likes

Technically true - you can’t duplicate the NFT. The actual recipe? Infinitely copyable and not protected in any way by the NFT. Or, for that matter, copyright

3 Likes

This Verge article has a wonderful quote from a Twitter’s Justin Taylor that underlines just how stupid all this NFT stuff is. Unintentionally

6 Likes
9 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

5 Likes
4 Likes