Cryptocurrency (and related fuckery)

Chain of people singing Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick?

1 Like

My life of prosperity starts today? Tell me more!

A fucking bitcoin ad in my fortune cookie???

2 Likes

That’s far worse than the one time I was out with a friend eating at the local Chinese place, and the cookie I got was “you’ll be hungry later, order take out”… :sob:

5 Likes

Now that’s peak fortune cookie humor. Right up there with “You have just eaten the poisoned cookie.”

6 Likes

A friend once got “you will constantly strive for success”, which felt pretty harsh for a fortune.

4 Likes

giphy (22)

4 Likes

OK, digital assets and a trading marketplace are… fine, I guess (not my thing, but you do you, kids), and this doesn’t actually say “blockchain” anywhere on it, for good (marketing) reason, but if Dapper Labs is involved one can only assume that’s part of the deal. Which means that I get to bust out my favorite old canard:

This is good as usual.

2 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Binance and CEO admit financial crimes, billions coughed up to US govt

3 Likes
2 Likes

He’s disrupting the commissary economy.

5 Likes

“ChatGPT, give me a simulation of the year 2023, only where a-holes are in charge, and we can’t have anything nice.”

4 Likes

Is this a joke?

2 Likes

Just the insanity of the US prison–industrial complex.

2 Likes

It’s no surprise that the former trader would quickly catch on to the commodity of choice in his new environment. He has been a professional trader for much of his career.

What the fuck is it with this hagiography?

You don’t have to be a genius investment god to know mackerel are a prison currency in the US. He’s there, he can see it’s along with everyone else. Hell, I’ve never even seen a US prison from the outside and I know about it!

6 Likes

The sad thing is when a financial genius figures out the prison currency before everyone else, and then they end up stuck with all these glow sticks that people don’t realize they are desperate to trade for yet.

1 Like