Desktop dumpsters

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/01/12/desktop-dumpsters.html

Nearly $200? Um. I would much rather 3D print one or just buy any other existing alternative.

7 Likes

Upon further inspection the cost is likely because the dumpsters are made out of steel, coupled with the size (10in) i can see why it’s pricey. Though the price is still something else, but i’m likely not their target audience so this is mostly lost on me.

I think if i absolutely had to have something like this i would just 3D print something and find some miniature casters to put on the bottom.

2 Likes

Of course, if they made them of sterling silver, it would just be absurd.

Alternatively, I wonder how easily a Raspberry Pi could be crammed in there.

7 Likes

You could make a nice fire and say look I have the USA on my desk with it though.

3 Likes

And swarovski crystals

2 Likes

Graffiti is $200.00 to $300.00 extra.

I don’t even want to know what rotting food costs.

6 Likes

Looking at the instagram I like their other product more.

1 Like

DumpsterFire

7 Likes

Cute, but they should of been designed to be real trash cans. Don’t need any more Tchotchkies around the house.

1 Like

When I read the headline, I thought someone had a look on my desktop, and peeked into one of those folders. Particularly the one named “old desktop”. Or the “tidy_up” one. Or even the “stuff_to_delete” folder…

1 Like

Would make for a nice ashtray.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.