Disneyland has stopped offering 13 minutes of tranquility

I’m going to have to resist the urge to comment much on this thread, because I love my job and don’t want to accidentally run afoul of rules for what I’m allowed to discuss on social media. But I will confirm that the steam system for the Mark Twain is quite authentic to what would have been used on a 19th century riverboat, except for the fuel that is burned. As a testament to that, the sound editors for the “Princess and the Frog” movie came out one day to record the ambient sounds of the steam boat, to get that extra bit of realism for the riverboat scene.

5 Likes

With the new modifications, the old style of the ride will most likely show up on the Yesterland website…with words of how the ride should have been left alone.

http://www.yesterland.com/

TQQdles™

1 Like

Yep! Same here! Even the Uh Oa. Though they were out of the Zombie and Nautilus when I was there. Gave me a Trader Sam’s anniversary mug instead!

1 Like

Thank you! I’d always heard that Walt insisted on “the genuine article” with the Mark Twain and the railroad; great to get confirmation.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.