Disrupting elections with Kickstarter-like campaigning apps

Institute compulsory voting then. Worked in Australia for a bit under a century (and hold your elections on a weekend, not on a bloody Tuesday)

If you Kickstarted a party whose first job was to introduce preferential voting (or, better still, proportional representation), then you could do away with the Kickstarter next time.

1 Like

Well Iā€™m sure that elite is going to just up and give away their power because justice and righteousness. Here in the states weā€™re fighting over blatantly illegal voter suppression on a national scale. Thinking up new voting schemes in the face of entrenched power is maybe not the best use of creative energy.

The alternative schemes have some (albeit minor) chance of success.

What options are better?

GOTV, baby.

The article is about the UK, where there is a chance that prisoners may get the vote if the government donā€™t get their way (the conservatives and labour hate the idea). There was some talk about suppression of non-british voters in the recent EU elections but not at the levels I hear about in certain states.

The US has horrible problems around this that I hope are sorted out in my lifetime, but they are not the problems we have over here.

When are we gonna give up on this hollowed-out carcass of a concept?

Itā€™s a fucking decoy, sucking up the talent and dedication of folks like my brother, whoā€™ve been swindled into seeing democracy as something other than a wholly-owned subsidiary of Scumbags Inc.

Ever notice how virtually nothing worthwhile has been democratically achieved in a long time? And that whatever is achieved, is just enough to convince most folks that it isnā€™t totally broken? Funny coincidence, thatā€¦

Itā€™s time to look for more effective remedies than bleating into the shitstorm.

Co-operNation.

Co-operNation.

***Co-operNation.***

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.