Diver encounters underwater trash cloud

I’ll bet there are processes if hemp was given the government and coporate backing to make just about anything you can make from plastic, including IV bags and syringes. It’s a matter of political will. I’ll bet dollars to donuts… I really like donuts. Besides, it’s not fair, in grade school we had ‘The Wonderful World of Zinc’. I think we can make another one, ‘Hemp, You Can Do More Than Smoke It’

1 Like

You can make PLA from hemp, or corn or sugar cane, or numerous other plants. We already know this. No need to create new government bureaucracies to make it happen.

Not really. You’d have to spend a lot of effort and waste a lot of chemicals linking up hydrocarbons from your plants into a way that is equivalent to what you need for special purpose plastics.

I think you missed my original point that bio-plastics does nothing to address the issue of ocean trash.

1 Like

The ocean is giving you brunch and you’re complaining about the place settings? tsk.

Unless we protect plastic now, these beautiful trash fields won’t be around for our children to enjoy.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.