Divorce complaint of Richard Feynman's second wife

[Permalink]

1 Like

LOL, my mother in law asks me in the car, “Who are you talking to?” “Oh, I’m programming. Sorry.”

7 Likes

Also his jokes were derivative.

20 Likes

Also he was f**^ing his graduate students’ wives.

2 Likes

[citation needed]

4 Likes

Surprise! Betcha he didn’t calculate on this…

1 Like

Check out “Genius” by James Gleick for more info. It’s been a while since I read it, and it might have been his friend’s wives rather than his student’s wives (or maybe it was both?).

2 Likes

Respondent R.Feynman: “Court is advised Dr. Feynman is a goddamn mathematical genius and that Plaintiff should eat a turd.”

3 Likes

My Dad used to do calculus problems in church-- the programs wer often covered with integrals and drawings of curves.

1 Like

Wait, Feynman the physicist, or Feynman the dentist?

3 Likes

Shows what she knew. He totally wasn’t thinking about calculus when he was boning ever other woman in sight.

2 Likes

I guess he really liked their wave functions.

1 Like

What.
Your pot is cracking.
My girlfriend is a constructive influence on my life, and I’m a better, smarter man for it.
What the hell happened to you?

2 Likes

Yeah… because male entitlement in the context of heterosexual relationships is super fucking appropriate this week.

6 Likes

Also his jokes were derivative.

Was that really the source of the discontent or did some other factor stick a fork into their relationship?

1 Like

I know, something doesn’t add up. Was it really math that divided them or was it another factor? Was there any other sine that this issue was just tangent to sum larger problem. Did she not feel equal, like she only got a fraction of the respect she deserved? Not to be negative, but I say this was all imaginary unless we have proof. Not to be obtuse, she might just be playing that angle to appear right. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

But that was integral to his work.

4 Likes

First step - find the citation. If this is real, it should be traceable and verifiable.

THEN we analyze it, if it turns out this isn’t just a popularly believed attribution.

Science!

4 Likes

I think her O-ring was cryogenically cracked.

1 Like

I think, or rather hope, that Crajok was joking.

1 Like