Doctor accused of impregnating patients with own sperm dies in plane crash

You called?

5 Likes

2 Likes

yeah, not judging but – okay, okay, i’m definitely judging. 11 children!? i hope it was a multi-family house, and i also assume that it wasn’t.

3 Likes

I remember hearing a radio story about a similar situation that took place many years ago, which said that in the early days of fertility treatments and before the days of IVF or genetic testing it was common for a doctor to take samples from a husband (who was often sterile) and mix them with a sample provided by a close blood relative like a brother so that the family could tell themselves that, as far as they knew, the husband was the actual genetic father. Unethical doctors would often add their own samples to the mix, supposedly to ensure that at least some of the sperm was known to be viable. I’m sure that like many criminals they probably told themselves comforting lies about how what they were doing was to help the women who were desperate to conceive, and that what they didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. People are really, really good at justifying their actions in their own minds.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.