Download every NFT (all 17 terabytes) for free using this torrent

Every time I think I know how NFT’s work they turn out to actually be stupider than that

8 Likes

NFT’s are driven by the speculative hype bubble that is cryptocurrency.

Everyone thinks they are going to get rich – until they don’t. It’s just like the artificial islands in Dubai.

A small number of whales are the ones driving the hype bubble, I feel. Mostly it’s a game of hot potato.

At the same time - if only the very rich and the speculators are getting burned, it might be a net good thing.

4 Likes

£566? That’s almost affordable. Chia farming not turned out to be a thing, then?

Yeah, really. Though at this point I think they literally can’t get any dumber because I’ve absolutely hit bottom in my estimation of them.

The problem is that doesn’t seem to be a common way that NFT buyers think about it. There’s a huge amount of misunderstanding about what NFTs are and do, and when I see people talking about buying NFTs, they fall into two categories (and often both) - cynical speculators who don’t care what they have, but hope to sell it on for more money, and naive buyers who essentially think they’re part of a traditional art sale, only digital (and who often don’t understand how traditional art sales work, either).

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.