Dune (2020)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/18/dune-2020.html

8 Likes

19 Likes

This is a great litmus test for a relationship. “Does my partner love and trust me? Or does he think I would encourage him to stick his hand into a box containing something alive and hairy that might hurt him, and laugh about it?” This video reminds me of the movie Force Majeure.

3 Likes

But nobody held a Gom…err, Nom Jabbar to his throat.

5 Likes

Here’s a YouTube playlist of James Corden’s Nuzzle Whaaa? where famous people are required to perform such identifications, but using their blindfolded faces.

This is a great litmus test for a relationship.

My partner would probably draw the line before small feral creature with nasty disease, but a mouse trap, annoyed cat or a good-sized charged capacitor would be fair game. :thinking:

1 Like

It’s time for Feelyat!

5 Likes

There’s a neuropsychological assessment protocol that involves the patient reaching into a bag and identifying objects by touch only. I’ve administered it dozens of times and nobody has ever demonstrated fear. Next time I’ll have to try it with slightly evil giggling and a camera!

7 Likes

Hmm, I’d be glad to see a guy pass a different test in the kitchen.

Using the voice: Put your hand in the sink. Do those dishes feel clean to you?
Take one in your hand.
[Leads guy to dishwasher]
Put your hand in the box.

5 Likes

Honestly, I don’t understand this at all. I grew up at a time when dishwashers were a thing you saw in “kitchen of the future” segments on educational TV; when I finally found myself living with one, that was one less chore around the house. How can anyone be so lazy as to not just instinctively load it in the dishwasher when they have a dirty dish in their hand, or even field of vision? Or so incurious that they don’t want to see if it really is geometrically possible to fit a given sinkful of dishes into the machine?

2 Likes

This is what makes ALL the difference!

1 Like

I mean, if they stuck that potato in an air-fryer, they’d have been pretty close to the real thing.

Vanity Fair has a whole series of similar videos where they have people put their hand in a Fear Box.

3 Likes

He is whatever the opposite of the kwisatz haderach is.

1 Like

This man is an animal. Nothing more.

2 Likes

0c3895ad59cfe6e034ead3f6ac2d49b632cac62c_2_621x500

6 Likes

But how badass would you be knowing that there would likely be nor lasting damage, to just stick your hand in, accept your pain, and remain impassive and say “is that it”?

Also, this guy is clearly not a human.

put-your-hand-in-the-box

9 Likes

Laziness doesn’t stop me from putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher - it stops me from taking the clean ones out to put them away.

3 Likes

Yup, that’s our cat… right there. :grin:

When you stare into the abyss at our house, the abyss stares back… and goes “mew”…

6 Likes