Ed Piskor's Red Room is a splatterpunk masterpiece

Originally published at: Ed Piskor's Red Room is a splatterpunk masterpiece | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Man, part of me wants to get this… and part of me is like, “I am not into that much gore, usually.”

I did go on a Junji Ito comic buying binge recently, getting Tomie, Uzumaki, and Gyo. And wow, those were horror masterpieces.

6 Likes

Pass.

6 Likes

Same. I don’t want that in my head.

7 Likes

I misread the title as steampunk when I clicked on it. I looked through the artwork trying to figure out what was steampunk. I’ve never heard of “splatterpunk”. That is a whole creepy book of “Nope!” Uhg.

Unicorn chaser isn’t enough. I’m going to have to learn to draw unicorns. Lots of unicorns…

6 Likes

Faster version:
Step 1: Draw a horse.
Step 2: Draw a horn on its head.

7 Likes

Since I don’t know how to draw a horse, that’s like Steve Martin’s advice on how to become a millionaire, “First, get a million dollars…” :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This is the sort of horror that is too plausible to enjoy. A good scare can be enjoyable, staring into the deepest depraved abyss humanity can come up with is not.

thats-a-hard-no

4 Likes

Harrumph. He misspelled “Redrum.”

2 Likes

I can’t help thinking of Garth Ennis and Jacen Burrows’s Crossed.

At what point does it stop portraying horror as horrific, and start revelling in it?

1 Like