Eight lateral thinking puzzles

Originally published at: Eight lateral thinking puzzles | Boing Boing

5 Likes

RIP to one of the greatest podcasts.

14 Likes

I’m so sad this is the last episode, definitely my favorite podcast ever. Still, i wish them the best.

9 Likes

Dang. Gunna miss this.

4 Likes

We’ll sure miss you, @futilitycloset ! You were our favorite podcast for road trips. At least there are lots of old episodes we haven’t yet listened to.

4 Likes

I’m going to miss Futility Closet so much! Great hosts, great production values, incredible topics and research. Just perfection. Luckily they have a huge back catalog that I can continue to dive into.

3 Likes

I’ll miss Greg and Sharon! They’ve been my Monday morning staple for years. And I was thrilled to have my lateral thinking puzzles submission featured on the show last year.

3 Likes

It was kinda weird that the podcast went out with a bit of a whimper. Then again, they don’t seem like the type that would make a huge amount of fuss or fanfare at the end. The Monday morning pod lineup will be different.

4 Likes

Such a great podcast. Will be missed.

2 Likes

Thanks, BoingBoing, for hipping me to this podcast. Thank goodness, as others have said, there are so many episodes. Fare ye well, Greg and Sharon.

1 Like

Big thanks to this podcast, a mainstay of the interwebs…till the end. Always appreciated their take, high quality conversation and storytelling. A great legacy to leave online. Now I must sift the back catalog for unplayed episodes…

2 Likes

NOOOOOO!!!

prob the only podcast i listen to, thou also mostly that’s because the eps are on here.

2 Likes

I am sad that it ended abruptly but they did say that it’s partially motivated by Sharon’s health recently. Wish we had more time with them but this is a good excuse for me to start listening from the start again, though i will need to find a replacement podcast. I have been wanting to start 99 Percent Invisible so i might check it out.

3 Likes

I have a suggestion. May we the listeners of Futility Closet create a separate BBS thread? I myself was hooked from day one, and now 8 years later I would like to integrate the podcast with this forum because it has added so much value to each Monday for so long.

I suggest a BBS thread with a poll to feature an episode a week. The winning FC episode is the topic of discussion for that week.

It’s basic but it would let me relisten and better appreciate Greg and Sharon Rosss’ magnificent efforts and honest fun that I will miss. Say start episode 001 the first Monday of 2022?

Alternative: Start a thread that plays FC in chronological order starting starting at 001. Take 8 years but I am game to keep it fresh in my mind.

1 Like

I most heartily recommend The Detroit History Podcast. Most of the subject matter is fascinating even for non-Detroiters, esp the episode re: Detroit’s response to the flu pandemic of the early 20th Century.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.