Elizabeth Warren reveals her plan to break up Big Tech

Every candidate has something you can attack them on. The problem most progressives have is that they rarely give as good as they get. Why didn’t anyone on the left call Trump a sexual predator, a scam artist, a huckster, a fraud, or a liar? When you don’t bother to hit back, being called Pocahontas is enough to end your run.

1 Like

I’m unconvinced that matters. Sanders didn’t win the nomination, so we didn’t see what Trump would have hammered on if Sanders had been the candidate. Clinton did win the nomination, so we did get to see what Trump hammered on.

2020 is also less likely to be determined by the weakness of the democratic candidate, as it is the ability of the democratic candidate to hammer on Trump’s weaknesses (assuming he is still President at the time, if he resigns, is removed, or has a heart attack the race would be very different).

1 Like

Edit: if you believe FBs excuse, can I talk to you about some investments?

2 Likes

Possibly, but we didn’t see anything with Clinton in the general that we didn’t see in the primary (other than Russia).

I still think Biden has some real flaws and Clinton would have been a better President, but I no longer think those flaws would have seriously harmed him as a candidate.

Unfortunately, that’s kinda accurate. Like I said it’s not that you have a good answer to the question, it’s just that you have a simple answer that doesn’t really feed the news cycle.

…and the dispensary bit that keeps MDs from cobbling remedies on the regular then, or pharmacists from reading into MD scripts? Not a bad counterexample of a kind of vertical break up.

I’m Canadian, That was a given>

Yes, but you could casually place $30 worth of ads (not counting craft) where they’ll be stolen forthwith by someone who baldly wrecks things with memes, adwords and a very narrow set of attribution skills. Moth & Lamp WorldGov in 2020!

1 Like

I think I just thought of the perfect Trump story line to run the news cycles for a few months in the election campaign.

“Did you write the tax bill in order to give yourself a multi-million dollar tax cut?”

Is has the perfect ingredients of a long-running story:

1. Really easy to understand.
  2. Really hard to answer.
  3. All sorts of damaging revelations to be uncovered along the way.

If the Dems start asking that question I don’t think he can make it go away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.