Epstein's death was posted to 4chan half an hour before officials announced it

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/13/epsteins-death-was-posted-to.html

1 Like

So this doesn’t appear to require any kind of conspiracy regarding the death itself, though it does reflect badly on the FDNY (who I assume were in charge of sending paramedics to the jail?)

I mean, no matter how he died there obviously had to be several people who knew about it before the press got wind of it.

20 Likes

com-optimize%20(50)

Sounds like someone trying to garner a bit of 4Chan notoriety. As much as you can being an anonymous number.

But if they were a first responder that is a huge no-no.

13 Likes

Yeah, Occam’s Razor - someone who was there frequents 4Chan. Or at least knew about it and posted about it.

5 Likes

I was just saying that the same a similar thing happened on Wikipedia when Gil Scott-Heron died.

2 Likes

It’s not so inconceivable someone was just guessing or even wildly extrapolating from the teeniest snippet of information, especially since there was an earlier attempt. Were there other predictions of this nature posted to 4chan?

I’m also a little surprised that this wasn’t reported sooner, but then I haven’t been paying that much attention.

7 Likes

Welp, this obviously implicates clinton’s emails

22 Likes

Super important to the conversation: The avatar of the OP is Wart from Super Mario Brothers 2, tho he does seem to have an alteration to have eye bags like Pepe.

You are all welcome? I think? …

5 Likes

This.

It doesn’t have to be a first responder. It could be someone with a police-radio scanner who picked up on the fact that paramedics were called to that jail. If he’s wrong about why… it’s a blip. We don’t remember the misses. If he’s right, it’s gained notoriety. Conspiracy not required.

14 Likes

I’ll bet it was the Shrieker.

3 Likes

Translation: “First!”

4 Likes

The legit question is how come it took so long for it to be reported?

1 Like

I don’t know how long it usually takes for this kind of thing to be reported, but it doesn’t surprise me in the least that a first responder would get wind of it at least 30 minutes before the jail issued an official press release.

4 Likes

My two thoughts? JE had dirty dirty dirt on a Royal, so he’s taken off of “suicide watch” and then he’s ded? By his own hands? Ded men tell no tales…

probably a prison guard

Maybe an intern

1 Like

In this case Occam’s razor is, “trolley making a lucky guess”.

1 Like

Anyone that actively participates in 4Chan should probably be sterilized.

1 Like

What if you just watch?

1 Like

The British Royal Family could barely order a pizza, let alone order a hit.

6 Likes