Jeffrey Epstein is dead of hanging in Manhattan jail, authorities say they failed to prevent suicide

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/10/jeffrey-epstein-is-dead-of-sui.html

4 Likes

And scumbags everywhere breathe a sigh of relief…

39 Likes

A coward in addition to his other horrible “qualities”.

[assuming one of his powerful blackmail “victims” didn’t arrange this]

25 Likes

You got off easy

3 Likes

Suicide or “suicide”? Lots of powerful, connected folks benefit from having him silenced and the case neutered. My question is, can the investigation continue without him, or did it die with him?

66 Likes

They’re still going after his partner, Maxwell. And maybe whatever blackmail material he was using is still something the authorities can get their hands on. The victims deserve some justice.

47 Likes

Did you hear that?

It’s the sound of a thousand conspiracy nuts orgasming simultaneously.

Not saying that it isn’t suspicious btw.

39 Likes

What the hell happened? He was supposed to be on suicide watch! This stinks to high heaven.

22 Likes

What. the. heck. This is funny business.

7 Likes

Good

I have a feeling that trump is breathing easier this morning.

Feed him to the pigs.

14 Likes

Among those relieved: Bill Clinton and Donald Trump

11 Likes

Bill Clinton as well

4 Likes

And Prince Andrew, and Alan Dershowitz.

11 Likes

Probably half of DC is… The scumbaggery extends to both sides of the aisle.

16 Likes

I know she’s a defendant in several civil cases. Have you heard anything indicating either the US or UK governments intend to charge her for her role in the sex trafficking? That would be great news.

8 Likes

Reminds me of “The Godfather Part II” when Frankie killed himself to protect his brother.

5 Likes

The authorities weren’t going to let her off the hook if the civil cases revealed criminal activity, which it looks like they do.

10 Likes

Prob something like “Hey Jeffrey, watch this razor blade while me and Bill fetch a cup of coffee.”

14 Likes

I realise this is entirely ancillary to the actual issues, but no trial until June 2020 - is that remotely normal? That seems entirely absurd.

Is there’s some preponderance of evidence they need to be able to do that? How easy would it be for an entirely innocent person to be held for almost a year waiting for their day in court?

(Obviously, with absolutely no reference to the current case. That tiny detail just jumped out to me as the most unexpected.)

5 Likes

The alt-right is already frantically busy blaming the Clintons, because, heaven forbid, if Epstein confessed everything, Hillary wouldn’t make it to the White house in 2020.

16 Likes